Student Employee - IT Customer Experience Specialist (FALL) -
: IT Engineering Lab
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Varies depending on specific position, location, and employee availabliity.
Salary Range: Up to $9.00 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
Information Technology relies on more than 100 students to provide service and technical support to the University of Oklahoma. OU IT is committed to professional development and provides these students with mentorship, training, and development opportunities. These positions ensure a positive customer experience by providing excellent technology support and meeting customer expectations.
OU IT is currently hiring for the position of Services Specialist. Services Specialists provide customer support via phone, email, and face-to-face interactions in three campus Service Centers. Students in this role will direct inbound calls across campus, troubleshoot minor issues, provide technical support, and communicate with various IT teams to resolve more technically advanced customer incidents. Most shifts will take place between 8am-6p, Monday through Friday. Some weekend shifts will be required.
This position requires approximately one month of paid training. Due to the amount of time and effort that must be devoted to on-boarding new employees, this position is not recommended for applicants who intend to work in the role for less that one full academic semester.
Example job duties include:
- Proactively assist all customers with issues they may experience
- Manage incidents and provide appropriate updates and feedback
- Provide effective customer support by telephone, e-mail or in person
- Attend meetings as assigned and follow-up as necessary
- Attend assigned training sessions or read assigned training manuals and pass the associated proficiency exam in the time allotted
- Troubleshoot software and hardware
- Install and configure software
- Communicate technical information effectively to faculty, staff, and students
- Document technical procedures as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent OU IT in a professional manner
- Maintain OU IT equipment
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach Fall 2019 class schedule
Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Must practice effective time management skills.
Must be able to work in a collaborative/team environment.
Must have a strong work ethic.
Must have familiarity with Windows and/or Mac OS
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Must be proactive in finding solutions.
Must effectively problem solve, seeking out and finding appropriate solutions.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a technical environment is preferred.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: No
Special Indications: None
: Sep 5, 2019