Student Employee - IT Customer Experience Specialist (FALL) -
: IT Engineering Lab
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Varies depending on specific position, location, and employee availabliity.
Salary Range: Starting pay is $9.00 an hour
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
Information Technology relies on more than 100 students to provide service and technical support to the University of Oklahoma. OU IT is committed to professional development and provides these students with mentorship, training, and development opportunities. These positions ensure a positive customer experience by providing excellent technology support and meeting customer expectations.
OU IT is currently hiring for multiple roles within the position of Services Specialist. One role would primarily provide customer support via phone, email, and face-to-face interactions in two campus Service Centers. Students in this role will direct inbound calls across campus, troubleshoot minor issues, provide technical support, and communicate with various IT teams to resolve more technically advanced customer incidents. Most shifts will take place between 8am-8p CST, Monday through Friday. Some weekend shifts may be required. This position requires approximately one month of paid training. Due to the amount of time and effort that must be devoted to on-boarding new employees, this position is not recommended for applicants who intend to work in the role for less than one full academic semester.
The second role available with the Services Specialist position would provide phone support for services and initiatives being offered by OU IT. This would include, but not be limited to, answering university operator calls for Norman and HSC campuses. This role should be considered temporary, as need for students in this role will fluctuate. Shifts will take place between 8a-5p, Monday through Friday. This position requires approximately one week of paid training.
Student MUST have access to a computer with reliable, stable internet connection during scheduled shifts.
Current plans are to have most, if not all, work be completed virtually. Because of this, selected applicants MUST have access to a computer with reliable, stable internet connection during scheduled shifts. In addition, the individual’s potential remote work environment must be typically appropriate for handling customer phone calls (headset will be provided).
Example job duties include:
- Proactively assist all customers with issues they may experience
- Manage incidents and provide appropriate updates and feedback
- Provide effective customer support by telephone, e-mail or in person
- Attend meetings as assigned and follow-up as necessary
- Attend assigned training sessions or read assigned training manuals and pass the associated proficiency exam in the time allotted
- Troubleshoot software and hardware
- Install and configure software
- Communicate technical information effectively to faculty, staff, and students
- Document technical procedures as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent OU IT in a professional manner
- Maintain OU IT equipment
- Support university initiatives/offices with technical assistance and/or phone support
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach OU class schedule for FALL 2020.
Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Must practice effective time management skills.
Must be able to work in a collaborative/team environment.
Must have a strong work ethic.
Must have familiarity with Windows and/or Mac OS
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Must be proactive in finding solutions.
Must effectively problem solve, seeking out and finding appropriate solutions.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a technical environment is preferred.
- Ability to begin training late July or early August is preferred.
- Ability to work throughout all of Fall 2020 and into Spring 2021 is preferred.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: No
Special Indications: None
: Jul 31, 2020
Mathematics Education, Renewable Term Positions, Mathematics, United States, 1 day ago
University of Oklahoma Department of Mathematics Mathematics Education, Renewable Term Position The Department of Mathematics at the University of Oklahoma (OU) is seeking to strengthen its First-...