The Center for Innovative and Strategic Transformation of Alkane Resources – CISTAR seeks a part-time (15-20 hours per week), student intern to assist their team beginning in October 2019 through May 2020. The student intern will work with the CISTAR Communications Specialist to primarily assist with the CISTAR Annual Report to the National Science Foundation in addition to other communications-related tasks. Specifically, the selected candidate will assist with:
- Compiling data, proofreading, researching, and formatting for the annual report
- Writing a bibliography of CISTAR publications in APA and BibTeX style for the annual report
- Performing administrative tasks as needed
- Editing and designing templates and content using Adobe InDesign CC
- Preparing for the spring center-wide meeting as well as assisting during the meeting (March 30th – April 3rd )
The ideal candidate will be an undergraduate or graduate student at Purdue University pursuing a degree in technical writing or communications.
- Excellent mastery of English language.
- Multitask efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player who can work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe CC programs is a plus.
- Must possess an attitude of service to this NSF sponsored center, Purdue University, and its partners.