Staff Psychologist - Student Counseling Services (2 positions) - 200000007I
Staff Psychologist, Student Counseling Center
Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 44
The Student Counseling Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville invites applications and nominations for two open positions for Staff Psychologist. This is a 12 month, full-time, non-tenure track staff position. The position may be flexed to accommodate candidates who prefer a 10 month position.
The University: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling approximately 28,000 students, the campus is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, it is committed to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. In all its activities, the university aims to advance the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate society. The university values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and academic freedom and integrity.
The Division: The Division of Student Life is comprised of over 400 staff persons who serve our students through 16 departments and functions. Division Staff are actively engaged in the lives of students, living and learning with them in our residence halls, student union, and other campus environments. The Division seeks candidates willing to engage, challenge, and support our students through intentional programs and services. In addition, we seek colleagues that are committed to teamwork and have a palpable passion for working with and serving all students.
The Department: The Student Counseling Center is a full-service IACS accredited collegiate counseling center staffed by 13 full-time mental health professionals; 11 psychologists and 2 clinical social workers. The Center supports the mission of the university through the provision of mental health services to students, the training of future mental health service providers, and the provision of outreach/consultation services for students, faculty and staff. The center offers a robust training program with 4 APA accredited internship positions and about 10 doctoral psychology trainees. The Student Counseling Center shares a state of the art facility with the Student Health Center and the Center for Health Education and Wellness allowing significant collaboration in the care of students.
The Position: Reporting to the Counseling Center Director, the staff psychologist has a variety of duties including direct clinical services to students, consultation to faculty and staff, clinical supervision of doctoral level trainees, and outreach to students and campus partners. The successful candidate will have strong general therapy skills and demonstrated effectiveness using a short term treatment model. The psychologist is expected to be skilled in working with a range of clinical issues and complex diagnoses. The person in this position will be actively involved in clinical supervision and training within our APA accredited internship program as well as our doctoral level practicum trainees and graduate assistants pursuing a Ph.D. from the UT Counseling Psychology department. This position also includes engagement within the university community through outreach, consultation, and development of liaison relationships with campus partners. We seek candidates whose clinical service, supervision, and community intervention is infused with multicultural humility and obvious interest and commitment to all dimensions of diversity.
• Providing direct clinical services including brief assessment, individual, couples, and group psychotherapy, and crisis intervention.
• Supervision and training of doctoral interns, graduate assistants, advanced practicum clinicians and practicum clinicians.
• Participating in community intervention efforts including suicide prevention training, stress management workshops, postvention support, service on university committees, service as stand-by counselor for selected events, development of liaison relationships, and assisting with various university events.
• Consultation with faculty and staff regarding mental health related matters.
• Other duties as assigned consistent with the mission of the Student Counseling Center.
• Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from APA-accredited program prior to start date.
• Successful completion of an APA-accredited internship prior to start date.
• Licensed or license eligibility as a psychologist in the state of Tennessee by start date.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Evidence of strong generalist clinical skills including effectiveness in a short term treatment model (8-12 sessions).
• Demonstrated effectiveness in assessment and intervention with a range of clinical issues and complex diagnoses.
• Demonstrated knowledge of developmental issues of college students/emerging adults and factors that contribute to student success.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues to achieve mutual goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated in oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
• Experience in a university counseling setting.
• Three or more years of post-licensure clinical experience.
• Specialized experience or expertise in the mental health needs of underrepresented student populations.
• Interest and ability in providing group therapy services.
• Experience and skills with use of social media to enhance services.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a compelling university benefits package.
Application Process: Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
For consideration, please go to: https://hr.utk.edu/staff-positions/ and electronically submit a letter of application, current resume, an unofficial graduate school transcript, and contact information for three professional references. For questions regarding this position, please contact the search chair for this search, Dr. William Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be notified prior to contact of references. References are typically contacted after a site interview. This position is available immediately though the start date is negotiable to as late as August 1, 2020 to accommodate post-doctoral candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admissions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Eligibility and other terms and conditions of employment benefits at The University of Tennessee are governed by laws and regulations of the State of Tennessee, and this non-discrimination statement is intended to be consistent with those laws and regulations.
In accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, The University of Tennessee affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the University.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, and national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.
Spsf Student Counseling Services
Feb 26, 2020, 4:53:24 PM
Distinguished Staff Fellowship Program, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 1 month ago
Requisition Id 3090 Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) invites you to apply to its Distinguished Staff Fellowship Program. The ORNL Distinguished Staff Fellowships are awarded to outstanding ear...