Sports Nutrition Student Employee - FALL -
: Athletic Department
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Flexible hours including early mornings, afternoons and/or possible weekends
Salary Range: Up to $10.00 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Class Schedule
Assist staff and Sports Dietitians with daily duties and on-going projects for optimal fueling of the Oklahoma Sooner student-athletes.
Assist in managing fueling stations, including transporting and stocking, inventory of nutritional products regularly.
Assist in weekly ordering of sport-specific fueling stations
Train other interns on the guidelines, protocols of OU Sports Nutrition
Create educational handouts and additional signage as deemed necessary by Sports Dietitians
Facilitate in the preparation and delivery of nutritional supplements, food, and fueling station food items for student-athletes
Sport assignments or game day operations as needed
Other duties as assigned by staff Sports Dietitians.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach FALL 2020 oZONE class schedule.
- Attention to detail when performing assigned tasks
- Time and priority management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Maintain clean and organized work areas and equipment
- Ability to commit to 20 hours per week for a full year. Minimum of a year long position.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Moderate heavy lifting involved
- A minimum of 1 year as an OU sports Nutrition intern or a position similar status. Additional opportunities are provided upon successful completion and retention of first year.
- Preference given to undergraduate or graduate students pursuing degree in nutrition, dietetics, exercise science or related field.
- Desire to pursue career in sports nutrition and obtain Registered Dietitian credentials.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Jul 30, 2020