Note: This position works remotely within a 40 mile radius of the ACC District
Hours Generally, Monday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 9:00pm and Friday - Sunday, 12:00pm - 6:00pm. 40 hours per week as assigned
Salary Specialist 6/118 ($33,316.00 - $47,593.00)
FLSA Status Exempt
Reports To Director of Advising or designee
Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
The Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in its service area.
For more information, see http://www.austincc.edu/about-acc/mission-statement
Austin Community College District (ACC) is a Hispanic-Serving Institution. ACC's designation as a Hispanic-Serving Institution reflects the commitment the college has to supporting our students' educational goals as well as the economic and social well-being of the surrounding communities we serve. ACC currently enrolls approximately 41,500 students each Fall semester, over half of whom are non-white. In fall 2019, ACC's students were 42% White, 38% Latinx, 8% African-American, 6% Asian, <1% Pacific Islander, <1% Native-American, and 4% multiracial.
ACC pursues educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity in our faculty and staff ranks. ACC seeks to be innovative in all its operations and provides students with guidance and support in achieving success in their educational goals, whether they are seeking a degree, successful transfer, employment or lifelong learning.
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention and completion of historically underserved and under-represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
To provide academic advising and related student support services and to facilitate Austin Community College's (ACC) Guided Pathways model. Work may be performed in-person or virtually.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
Position requires multi-tasking performance handling chat, email, voice, and video communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
Must demonstrate technical computer skills and technological management and troubleshooting
Must be able to perform independently in a remote environment.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles and best practices associated with Student Success specifically, effective educational plan development, timely and effective academic coaching strategies, graduation and transfer processes, short-term services and activities that support program persistence and completion.
- Student databases, information management systems, caseload management, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and general administrative support.
- Multicultural education programs and systems and the importance of cultural competence in promoting student success.
- College admissions and onboarding processes, program offerings and educational pathways, and managing the transition to college.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintain an established work schedule including weekend and evening hours.
- Effective interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Disseminate complex information effectively to the intended recipient.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships that foster continued student success.
- Exhibit cultural competence when working with all students and other members of the college community.
- Demonstrate initiative, follow-through, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment in dealing with constituents.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Ability to use virtual performance software and equipment: BoldChat, WebEx, Google Meet, Accudemia, Calendly, and mediated advising software.
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Virtual/Online Advising and Customer Service
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Bilingual: English - Spanish
- Work is performed in a standard office, remote location, or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
2020 Provost’s Early Career Fellowship In Healthcare Disparities, University of Texas at Austin, United States, about 18 hours ago
Description At UT Austin, we are committed to building a vibrant interdisciplinary community of scholars. If you are an early career researcher, postdoctoral fellow or graduating PhD student inter...
2021 Provost’s Early Career Fellowship Program In Pediatric Communication Disorders, University of Texas at Austin, United States, about 18 hours ago
Description The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS) at The University of Texas at Austin is soliciting applications from early career researchers, postdoctoral fellows, or ...
Technical Writer, Student Conduct And Academic Integrity, University of Texas at Austin, United States, 18 days ago
Job Posting Title: Technical Writer, Student Conduct and Academic Integrity ---- Hiring Department: Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs ---- Position Open To: All Applicants ---- Week...