Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Scholarships and Grants department is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Scholarship and Grants Specialist position.
Primary Function : The Scholarship and Grants Specialist is responsible for providing outstanding customer care and support for scholarship and grant inquiries via email, on the phone and in person and ensures timely response to questions. The incumbent will determine the customer’s/student’s needs and answer questions to resolve complex problems. The Scholarship and Grants Specialist possess and applies knowledge of University and department policies and procedures, Department of Education standards and other regulations governing financial aid options to ensure a complete, seamless and accurate process for students.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Educational Administration, Communications or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience required, academic setting preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in using computer software, databases, internet and email. Experience with either Salesforce CRM, PeopleSoft CS or ERP.
- Accurate data entry skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required with the ability to work with diverse customers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage stress and maintain self-control when working with internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally during all customer interactions.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, good organizational skills with the ability to ensure accurate work.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Commitment to quality and personal ethics to maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), especially Excel.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu .
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .