Apply now Job no:509900
Classification:Student Assistant C
Work type:Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA Kenai Peninsula College
Categories:Facilities/Skilled Trades, Student Affairs/Services
Kenai Peninsula College, Kenai River Campus maintains a pool of applicants for the Residence Life Student Maintenance Worker position. As a paraprofessional member of the Residence Life staff, each student staff is part of the Residence Life team and the Kenai Peninsula College.
As a member of the Residence Life Team, the student maintenance staff will assist maintenance staff in daily operation and maintenance of the KPC-Residence Hall. This includes general maintenance as assigned such as: cleaning restrooms, common areas and apartments; removal of trash and other debris from the buildings and grounds; snow removal with shovels and other snow removal equipment; vacuuming carpets; landscape maintenance including mowing, weeding, and watering; wall repair and painting both indoors and out; move furniture and other items on campus; assistance to facilities maintenance as directed. Work may require strenuous physical activity.
Must be able to work without constant supervision and report to work on a timely and regular basis.
- Ability to follow instructions both written and verbal in the English language and work alone.
- Ability to complete required forms, paper work, time sheets, and other documents in a legible manor.
- Must be a current KPC student and reside in the residence hall
- Valid Alaska Driver's License
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Previous work history in construction and maintenance projects preferred