Post-Doctoral Fellow - 21670
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here .
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
This Postdoctoral position reports directly to PI Heasley who is responsible for providing a mechanism for the hired individual to develop into a successful independent researcher in the fields of Cancer Biology, Pharmacology or Experimental Therapeutics. The research focus of the laboratory is to discover knowledge related to mechanisms of therapeutic response of oncogene-driven lung cancers and head and neck cancers to targeted agents such as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. The studies will involve RNAseq, multispectral imaging (Vectra 3.0/Polaris), flow cytometry/CyTOF, in vivo studies with novel murine lung cancer cell lines propagated in syngeneic mice and investigations of basic mechanisms of pathways mediating the reprogramming responses to oncogene-targeted agents. The proposed training will be conducted at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
Cancer Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Pharmacology
Example of Work
Approximately 80% of the position:
- Participate in the initiation of the research projects
- Carry out projects independently
- Develop research protocols and novel techniques
- Perform experiments as related to research project
- Trouble-shoot and problem-solve as related to the research project
- Record results of experiments: tabulate research data and maintain a detailed, easily understandable laboratory notebook
- Interpret experimental results
- Collaborate with PI and others in the lab as well as other laboratories involved in team science
- Conduct literature searches
- Train laboratory personnel in experimentation techniques
- Measure and monitor gene expression
- Perform flow cytometry
- Animal care related to research procedures
- Perform recombinant DNA work
- Perform light microscopy
- Modify, test, verify and analyze research data
- Prepare samples for analysis by various instrumentation
- Develop and maintain research databases
- Apply bioinformatics tools to analyze genomic (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq) data
- Other related duties as assigned by PI
Approximately 15% of position:
- Present results at lab meetings
- Present results at project meetings such as research in progress
- Present results at (inter)national meetings
- Write and publish manuscripts describing results
- Prepare grant applications, as necessary
Approximately 5% of the position:
- Perform all research compliance activities required by the University of Colorado Denver-Anschutz Medical Campus
- Perform general administrative duties as requested within lab
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check
- Must be able to provide proof of education within 60 days of hire date
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $53,760 to $65,292. Postdoc-specific benefits are found here: http://www.ucdenver.edu/faculty_staff/research/postdoctoral/Pages/default.aspx
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services .
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits .
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on disability accommodations
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- PhD degree in life sciences such as Cancer Biology, Immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or related field (PhD must be conferred prior to starting position, but need not be completed at time of application)
- Prior experience with experimental animal models
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to communicate well in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with animal models
- Experience with mouse models and handling.
- Experience with protein and cell signaling analyses
- Prior experience with analyses of “omics” data.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers , refer to requisition ID: 21670
When applying, applicants must include:
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20425 - SDM-Craniofacial Biology
: Jun 11, 2021
Posting Contact Name: Laurine Szymanski
Posting Contact Email: Laurine.email@example.com
Position Number: 00648469
Assistant Vice Provost For Student Success, University of Denver, United States, 14 days ago
Apply now Job no:493784 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services, Academic Administration Academic Affairs comprises multiple academic programs that adva...
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Student Engagement And 4 D Experience, University of Denver, United States, 14 days ago
Apply now Job no:493824 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the central student affairs division of...
Student Services, University of Denver, United States, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:493976 Work type:Staff Part-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services This posting is a general posting that will serve for many part-time, non-benefited, ope...
Accommodations Specialist, Student Affairs And Inclusive Excellence, University of Denver, United States, 14 days ago
Apply now Job no:493917 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) includes Housing and Residential Educati...