The Rowe lab (http://electromicrobiology.org ) at the University of Cincinnati is seeking a Post Doctoral Researcher in the area of microbial genetics and genomics, with a special focus on non-model systems. This position will primarily focus on a funded project aimed at characterizing the genetic basis of electron uptake in Shewanella, and uncovering physiologic basis of this process using coupled electrochemistry, microscopy and molecular biology approaches. This will also include opportunities to work on developing new systems biology tools for Shewanella, performing self-directed projects in microbial electrophysiology, and investigating new microbe-electrode technologies.
- Recent PhD in environmental microbiology, microbial ecology, microbial genetics, environmental engineering or related field
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with microbial genetic techniques
- Proficiency with basic bioinformatics and microbial genomics
- Ability to work with a team and act as a mentor to graduate and undergraduate students
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in microbiology, microbial physiology and microbial ecology
- Knowledge in geochemistry of metals and metal cycling
- Experience working with microbial cultivation: pure culture and/or microbial communities
- Experience with kinetic, biokinetic, or building physiologic models.
Interested and qualified candidates must complete our online application at https://jobs.uc.edu . In addition to the online application you must attach a current copy of your CV. In addition to these items, you must also include a cover letter, not to exceed one page, detailing your interest and qualifications for the position. You will also be asked to respond to a question describing your experience with, and commitment to diversity. We will begin reviewing applications as they are received and continue to accept and review applications until the position has been filled.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Student Helper Ii Uc Health Ambulatory Psychiatry, UC Health, United States, about 2 months ago
Student Helper II - UC Health Ambulatory - Psychiatry( Job Number: 059119) Description Primary Purpose: Assist with set up and clean up of activities for patient care under the direction/supervisi...