One research opportunity in surveillance and control of mosquitoes and mosquito-borne diseases is currently available in the Arboviral Disease Branch within the Division of Vector-Borne Diseases (DVBD) at CDC in Fort Collins, Colorado. These projects will focus on determining the extent of an invasive and endemic mosquito species in the US and evaluation of an intervention to manage select species. Learning objectives for this opportunity include: Understanding of how invasive mosquitoes are monitored and managed; Understanding of how mosquitoes are distributed in the US and environmental factors that drive population movement; Develop mosquito-borne disease lab skills - virus isolation; PCR; mosquito identification; Perform CDC Bottle Bioassay for determining insecticide resistance in mosquitoes; and Learn advanced molecular techniques for determining mechanisms of insecticide resistance.Additional Details:
The qualified candidate should have received a bachelor’s degree in one of the relevant fields, preferably in medical entomology or public health and vector-borne diseases. Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date.
- Experience in use of taxonomic keys
- Statistical analysis
- Knowledge of mosquito biology and identification, and mosquito-borne diseases (natural cycles and ecology of viruses)
How to Apply:
Connect with ORISE...on the GO! Download the new ORISE GO mobile app in the Apple or Google Play Store to help you stay engaged, connected, and informed during your ORISE experience and beyond!
A complete application consists of:
- An application
- Transcripts – Click here for detailed information about acceptable transcripts
- A current resume/CV, including academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and publication list
- One educational or professional recommendation. Your application will be considered incomplete, and will not be reviewed until one recommendation is submitted.
All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
If you have questions, send an email to ORISE.CDC.NCEZID@orau.org . Please include the reference code for this opportunity in your email.
Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Physics Open Pools, Colorado State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow Positions - Physics Open Pools Position Location Fort Collins, CO Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202000614AP Position Type Admi...