The deadline for this scholarship is today at 11:59 PM.
Sign in to bookmark External to ASU
The Phi Beta Kappa Society is a leading national advocate for the value of arts and sciences education. Key into Public Service highlights the wide range of career opportunities for liberal arts and sciences majors in local, state, or federal government. A cohort of 20 Service Scholars majoring in liberal arts and sciences disciplines will each receive a $5,000 undergraduate scholarship. Membership in Phi Beta Kappa is not required for eligibility.
Must Demonstrate Need:
- Applicants must be enrolled at one of Phi Beta Kappa’s 292 chapter institutions.
- Membership in Phi Beta Kappa is not required for eligibility.
- Applicants should expect to graduate between 10/1/2023 and 8/1/2025.
- First-year students and seniors who will graduate in Spring 2023 are NOT eligible.
- Applicants must also commit to attend the convening for all award recipients taking place June 21-25, 2023 in Washington, D.C. This mandatory convening will provide training and mentoring opportunities and showcase pathways from liberal arts and sciences education into active citizenship and public service. The Society will provide transportation, lodging, and meal per diems. The Society may switch the format to a virtual event if needed to ensure the safety and health of all participants.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Ideas excite you and you learn from many viewpoints. You are passionate about your arts and sciences education, and eager to learn more about the world around you.
- Breadth and Interdisciplinary Depth: You demonstrate academic excellence in your arts, humanities, mathematics, natural science, or social science major with a minimum 3.5 grade point average. In addition, you also take a range of coursework outside your primary field of interest as demonstrated in your transcript and can communicate why a well-rounded education matters.
- Leadership: You can identify how you influence others positively, either on or off campus through academic research, campus extracurricular activities, internships, employment, or community organizing.
- Service to Others: You would like to pursue a career in government or another form of public service to serve the common good. You can show a meaningful commitment to others by your participation in volunteer/community service activities.
Phi Kappa Beta Society
- Complete the online application on Kaleidoscope.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate:
1) an interest in working in local, state, or federal government service; and
2) breadth and depth in the arts, humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences.
- Applicants will also need to provide the name of a professor or faculty member who can attest to your academic achievements and/or interest in public service.
Monday, January 23, 2023
Key into Public Service Scholarship