As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
This position focuses efforts on grant writing and securing gifts from foundations, corporations, and private donors to advance the School of Social Work. Collaborates with Assistant Dean for Advancement in development and executing solicitation strategies.
Fundraising Program Management
• Working with faculty and Assistant Dean for Advancement to identify and develop opportunities for foundation and major donor support and to articulate strategies for connecting foundations to funding priorities within SSW.
• Crafting, preparing, drafting, and submitting proposals for foundation and major donor funding.
• Shepherding proposals through the submission and review process.
• Conceptualizing, organizing and facilitating meetings with funders, dean, associate deans, center directors, and faculty.
• Conceptualizing and organizing visits to foundations by academic leadership. Briefing leadership and, as appropriate, accompanying them on foundation and major meetings.
• Devising thoughtful stewardship as part of holistic strategy development for each foundation, including working with creative staff on the conceptualization of reports and other collateral.
• Collaborating with Office of Research colleagues and the Assistant Dean for Advancement in select limited-submission foundation opportunities.
• Prepare briefing materials and guest profiles for the Dean, Assistant Dean for Advancement and other school leadership and volunteers.
• Support and staff volunteer advisory committees as aligned with the fundraising priorities of the School of Social Work.
• Support Assistant Dean for Advancement
Other duties as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree and at least four years of progressively responsible experience in development/advancement or a related field with an emphasis on grant writing and corporate engagement.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Demonstrated strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for correspondence, special reports, spreadsheets, databases, forms, etc.
• Knowledge of alumni relations/development/advancement principles.
• Hybrid work available.
• Cubicle/Open workspace environment which may result in additional or higher levels of noise and visual distractions.
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours, as necessary, on short or limited notice.
• Must have regular and reliable transportation for local travel and willing to travel when necessary.
• Frequent local travel expected.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Pathways Intern (Career), Student Trainee (Administration): Portland, Or Lacey, Wa Or Seattle, Wa, NOAA Fisheries, United States, 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNOAA FisheriesLocationPortland, OR Lacey, WA or Seattle, WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$47,875 - $8...