|Position Title||Graduate Assistant, Lacrosse (La Salle Graduate Student Position)|
|Department||643250 - Women's Lacrosse|
|Position Classification||Part-Time, Semesterly Basis|
|Grant/Gift Funded (all or a portion)?||No|
|If Temporary or Grant Funded, Start Date and End Date|
Under the direction of the Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach, the Graduate Assistant will represent La Salle University through the sport of women’s Lacrosse to its various constituents, while adhering to the mission and values of the University. The position requires a competent understanding of the technical aspects of the sport, knowledge and compliance of all Conference and NCAA rules, and the ability to successfully recruit quality student-athletes at the Division I level. The Graduate Assistant Coach is required to provide a positive experience for each student-athlete under his/her supervision.
• Assist in Teach, coach, mentor, and inspire student athletes up through graduation.
• Attend all competitions and practices and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill
development in their sport.
• Assist in creating a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly with each student-athlete on matters that affect his/her development including
academic, physical, social, spiritual and athletic issues.
• Assist in identifying and recruiting student athletes who are capable of competing
successfully on the NCAA Division I level and who are capable of succeeding
academically and graduating.
• Maintain precise records of all recruiting contacts in coordination with the Associate
Athletic Director of Compliance.
• Responsible for staying within fiscal and budgetary guidelines and maintaining expense
reports for all scouting, recruiting and travel expenses.
• Coordinate and/or approve all recruiting travel for coaching staff and all on and off
campus recruiting visits.
• Pass the NCAA test administered by the Faculty Athletics Representative to actively
• Serve as a representative of La Salle University and lead in an exemplary fashion
including, but not limited to: Promote principles of sportsmanlike and ethical conduct
that supports fundamental values of respect, fairness, civility, honesty, and responsibility
among student-athletes, staff and fans; Demonstrate reasonable self-control at contests
with players, opposing coaches and players, officials, and fans; Refrain from physical and
verbal abuse of student-athletes, referees, or any persons associated with the Atlantic 10
Conference or the University; Accept no speaking engagement for money, endorsements,
or any other outside employment at any time without prior approval of the Director of
Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation.
• Responsible for compliance with all appropriate rules, regulations, processes, and
principles including, but not limited to: All rules, regulations, and principles of the
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Atlantic 10 Conference and any
other conference with which the University may have an affiliation; All policies and
procedures of La Salle University that are applicable to employment at La Salle, the
specific sport program, and to the students and athletes at La Salle, including but not
limited to La Salle rules, regulations, policies, procedures, handbooks and manuals; All
of the regulations of Title IX related to Athletics in the administration of all intercollegiate athletic programs, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for immediately reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and
Recreation and any other appropriate individuals or agencies sensitive issues such as:
Any suspected or alleged NCAA and conference eligibility problems, rules infractions,
and disciplinary actions; Any suspected or alleged violations of any city, state, or federal
laws; Any suspected or alleged violations of La Salle rules, regulations, policies,
procedures, handbooks and manuals; Anything that may attract press/media attention.
• Promote the general University and Athletics program including, but not limited to:
Attend appropriate alumni functions and post-game gatherings; Assist in organization,
follow-up and contact of alumni and friends of the University for the purpose of
recruiting quality student-athletes, promoting attendance at games, and promoting the
University in general; Regularly communicate with students, faculty, and administration
to promote general enthusiasm for the program and attendance at games; Be involved in
the total athletic program of the University, including attendance at coaches meeting and
support of department goals and objectives.
• Participate actively in professional organizations through attendance at conferences,
clinics, and conventions as authorized by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and
Recreation or designee in order to maintain awareness and understanding of current
developments within all areas of responsibility.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and
Recreation, Senior Associate Athletic Director, or other designee.
|# of Direct Reports||0|
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Unconditional acceptance and enrollment in a related La Salle graduate program.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
|Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours||
|Special Instructions to Applicant||
This position is for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. Specific hours for this position will be communicated during the interview and hiring process, but Graduate Assistants and other student workers are not eligible to work more than 20 hours per week. Graduate Assistants are not eligible for other employment on campus. Contingent upon ongoing acceptable completion of the assigned schedule and duties, this Graduate Assistant appointment will be compensated at $12/hour, paid on a bi-weekly basis, with a tuition waiver for up to 2 courses for the fall semester and 2 courses for the spring semester.
|Application Open Date||09/13/2021|
|Application Close Date||10/15/2021|
|Application Open To||Internal and External Applicants|
Student Loan Specialist Division Of Finance, University of Pennsylvania, United States, 21 days ago
University Overview The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League schoo...
Program Manager, Ph D Advising & Administration, Drexel University, United States, 12 days ago
Program Manager, PhD Advising & Administration Apply now Job no: 496740 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA Categories: Drexel University, College of Computing and In...
Student Guest Service Agent The Inn At Villanova University, Villanova University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ’s. Posting Number: 20214042V Position Title: Student Guest Service Agent - The Inn at ...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Drexel University, United States, 5 days ago
Post-Doctoral Researcher Apply now Job no: 496734 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering About Drexel Drexel is one...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Drexel University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Post-Doctoral Researcher Apply now Job no: 496961 Work type: Full-Time Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA Categories: Drexel University, College of Medicine About Drexel Drexel is one of Phi...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Drexel University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Post Doctoral Researcher Apply now Job no: 496877 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering About Drexel Drexel is one...