FWS Student Program Support - Firehouse Gallery (Spring) -
: Financial Aid Services
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: 15 – 20 hrs/week; Business hours are M – F 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM & Sat 10 AM – 4 PM
Salary Range: Up to $8.75 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
This is a Federal Work Study position at Norman Firehouse Art Center (FAC) in Norman, OK.
Will support the FAC staff in an administrative role with a flexible schedule. Requires the ability to be self-directed, to be organized, to work within a team framework, and to multi-task. The position will be responsible for a variety of tasks including retail transactions, general receptionist duties, data entry, filing, document creation, and spreadsheet management. In addition, the position will work with staff and instructors providing art education programming at community events (weekend availability necessary). Will assist with duties such as building operations and maintenance, gift shop operations, gallery exhibitions, event planning, historical documentation and digitization, and external communications. Requires some physical labor and cleaning. Preference for candidates with experience in retail, customer service, office settings, and/or archive settings.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current Spring 2020 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Spring 2020 ONE class schedule.
- Must have received and accepted a work study award for the Spring semester
- Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing student, or earning a bachelor's degree in a similar field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills and detail oriented
- Professional and pleasant presentation and manner
- Able to work with people with a variety of personalities and skill levels
- Able to prioritize and handle stressful and time-sensitive situations
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Able to lift up to 40lbs, bend and lifting items.
Customer Service Experience
Previous Non-profit or arts/education related experience
Availability on Saturday from 10 am - 4pm
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Dec 3, 2019