Faculty Position in Biostatistics or Epidemiology
Apply for Job
Add to My Favorite Jobs
Email this Job
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Department of Statistics and Analytical Sciences houses the nationally recognized Master of Science in Applied Statistics and Analytics as well as the undergraduate Minor in Applied Statistics and Analytics. The department also supports the Ph.D. program in Analytics and Data Science, one of the first programs of its kind in the country. In January 2021, the department will merge with the Analytics and Data Science Institute to form the School of Data Science and Analytics. The school faculty hold terminal degrees in Statistics, Biostatistics, Decision Sciences, Educational Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics Teaching and Learning, Computer Science and Engineering, Business Administration, Social Policy and embody a highly interdisciplinary collaborative culture. This talented group of faculty brings their practical experience into the classroom every day.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track open rank faculty position of Biostatistics or Epidemiology. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience. This position will begin in August 2021. It is currently housed in the Department of Statistics and Analytical Sciences, which will become the School of Data Science and Analytics in January 2021. This will be a joint appointment between the College of Computing and Software Engineering and the WellStar College of Health and Human Services, with the majority of time assigned to the future School of Data Science and Analytics. All research areas will be considered, so candidates with a broad range of research interests, as well as candidates from industry with applied and/or consulting experience, are encouraged to apply.
- Teach a broad range of courses in biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, and project-based courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels and develop new curriculum in the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students in research.
- Mentor junior faculty and potentially oversee post-docs (if hired at a senior rank).
- Provide service to the department, school, Center for Statistics and Analytical Research, College, University, and/or professional community is expected.
- Engage in independent, collaborative, and interdisciplinary scholarly research,
- Pursue and obtain external funding to support their research,
- Participate in applied consulting project-based work.
- Work effectively in an inclusive and diverse academic setting.
- Work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary environment with students and faculty from across the university as well as with collaborative partners from outside of the university.
- Ph.D. or DrPH from an accredited university, or its foreign equivalent, in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Statistics, or a closely related field
- Demonstrated experience in effectively teaching statistics, biostatistics, and/or epidemiology courses to undergraduate and/or graduate students. To be considered for a higher rank, candidates must have a demonstrated history of teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Experience mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in research.
- Proficiency in at least one analytical programming language (e.g., SAS, R, Python, or other similar).
- Have strong oral and written communication skills with a diverse audience of academics and practitioners.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary, collaborative setting.
- Have a record of peer-reviewed publications in Biostatistics and/or Epidemiology. Early career candidates should demonstrate strong evidence of potential as an independent and collaborative researcher with a clear commitment to obtaining external funding. To be considered for a higher rank, candidates must have a record as an independent and collaborative researcher, have a history of applying for external funding to support their research, and have active or recent external funding to support their research.
- Experience working with retrospective or prospective human subject data (e.g., data subject to IRB approval, EMR data, or claims data).
Ideal candidates will have:
- Demonstrated success working with collaborators from outside academia.
- A record of peer-reviewed publications
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inclusive, diverse, and collaborative academic setting is essential.
- Experience with study design or clinical trial design.
- Experience teaching a project-based class or research class at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Required Documents to Attach
Apply Before Date
We will continue accepting applications until the position is filled; however, review of candidates will begin on January 18, 2021.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. A. Nicole Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at email@example.com. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Special Applicant Instructions
Three letters of recommendation should be emailed to ORBiostatEpi@kennesaw.edu (do not upload these letters as an attachment).
Apply for Job
Post Doctoral Fellow Biostatistics, Emory University, United States, 44 minutes ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Public Health Informatics Fellowship Undergraduates Or Graduates Cdc, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Description: Open until filled: *Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. This opportunity will close once the opportunities are filled. CDC Office and Location: Two research opportunitie...
Parasitic Diseases Molecular Epidemiology Fellowship Undergraduates Or Graduates Cdc, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Description: *Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. A research opportunity is currently available with the Parasitic Diseases Branch (PDB), Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria (...
Summer Clinical Fellowship Undergraduates Or Graduates Cdc, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Description: *Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. A research opportunity is currently available within the Influenza Division (ID) Epidemiology and Prevention Branch (EPB), in the Na...
Epidemiology Fellowship Graduates Cdc, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Description: Two research opportunities are currently available within the Influenza Division (ID), in the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) at the Centers for Dise...
Influenza Data Science Fellowship Cdc, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Description: *Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. A research opportunity is currently available within the Influenza Division (ID), in the National Center for Immunization and Respir...