DIGITAL SCHOLARSHIP SPECIALIST -
: University Libraries
: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Salary Range: $47,500 - $54,000 based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Academic Transcripts, Other Document (See Job Requirements for details)
The University of Oklahoma seeks a librarian who will provide leadership and support for a dynamic, multi-faceted program that addresses the growing demand for digital scholarship research and teaching on campus. Reporting to the Head of the Digital Scholarship at OU Libraries, the Digital Scholarship Specialist will foster exploration and application of digital tools and new approaches to research, teaching, and learning in the field of digital scholarship.
The Digital Scholarship Specialist will work with subject librarians, archivists, informatics specialists, and other OU staff to apply technologies to support campus research initiatives and foster a collaborative research environment that encourages scholarly engagement and critical inquiry.
The Digital Scholarship Specialist will serve as a strategist and resource person for both professors and students assisting in identifying and integrating digital scholarship research methods, techniques, and tools for spatial analysis, data curation, data visualization, and text mining.
--- Required Education: Master's Degree in library science or a related field AND:
- At least 12 months of experience teaching and demonstrated effectiveness as an instructor and presenter at the university or college level and/or working with undergraduate or graduate students on scholarly research projects.
- Organizational, project, and time management skills and demonstrated ability to lead and/or coordinate multiple projects and to set priorities for self and others, to meet deadlines, and complete tasks and projects while working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-directed, and demonstrate a commitment to innovation and creativity while performing detail-oriented tasks, analyzing needs and developing action plans, and coordinating with appropriate personnel as required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective relationships and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse educational environment and workplace and ability to work with a diverse student and faculty population.
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of digital scholarship research tools, techniques, methodologies, and approaches (e.g. special analysis, data curation, data visualization, text mining, etc.) and ability to teach others how to use such technology and tools.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Regular pressure to meet productivity standards; frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods; may be required to lift, bend, stoop and carry; ability to engage in repetitive motions; grasp objects with fingers or hands; communicate, including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others.
- Familiarity with research methodologies across a variety of social sciences and humanities disciplines.
- Ability to work in both PC and MAC environments.
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization methods (Python libraries, R, Tableau Public, Voyant, Juxta).
- Experience with digital curation tools (WordPress, Omeka, ArcGIS Story Maps, Drupal, etc.).
- Experience and/or demonstrated record of effective project management working with students and faculty members on digital scholarship projects.
Supervision: 1 Graduate Assistant
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing .
**Must include names and contact information for at least three professional references, including current or most recent supervisor
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Jun 17, 2019
Stlr Office Graphics Media Student Intern, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, about 9 hours ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. Student Transformative Learning (TL) P...
Regular Student Clerical Central Station Food Lab Buyer, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, about 9 hours ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. College of Educational and Professiona...