HFS is a highly integrated department where HFS Facilities and Maintenance works collaboratively with all other functional units to support student success and provide the campus community with exceptional living and dining experiences.
To learn about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at UW Housing & Food Services, you are encouraged to review our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement Training .
Lead a team of assigned Custodians and perform custodial duties. Provide customer service for residential students and conferees.
Description of Duties
• Perform the duties of a Custodian.
• Regularly assign, instruct and check the work of Custodians.
• Inspect assigned areas to determine if custodial work is performed to meet the cleanliness standards of the institution.
• Report status and condition of assigned areas to supervisors.
• Train and instruct new employees in proper cleaning techniques.
• Order and distribute custodial equipment and supplies as needed; monitor the use and maintain the care and inventory of assigned equipment and supplies.
• Monitor safety practices of Custodians; conduct fire safety and building security inspections.
• Assemble cleaning kits for Custodians.
• Maintain record of work orders; assist in data entry of work orders to FMS computer system.
• Coordinate with painting and maintenance crews to schedule work assignments.
• Communicate instructions from Custodian Supervisor to Custodians.
• Assist the Custodian Supervisor in evaluating the performance of Custodians and maintaining employee records.
• Assist the Custodian Supervisor in identifying special maintenance or repair needs.
• Participate in interviews for hiring hourly and student employees.
• Respond to resident questions, complaints and concerns regarding cleaning.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Physical ability to do the work and one year of experience as a Custodian
• Experience and references that demonstrate ability to:
o Understand written and verbal instructions in English
o Effectively interact and communicate in a variety of situations
o Work independently with minimal supervision
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
Competitive candidates will possess experience that demonstrates:
• Previous success as a Custodian or housekeeper in an on-campus housing environment
• An eye for detail
• Dedication to a high level of customer satisfaction
• Ability to understand and produce written and verbal instructions in English
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate in a variety of situations
• Ability to use and learn computer skills for email and housing programs
Conditions of Employment
• A satisfactory outcome from the employment verification and reference check processes.
• Possession of a valid State of Washington Driver’s License.
• Mandatory overtime required twice a year over weekend days
• Custodians and Custodians Lead may be assigned to work in a residence hall, apartment complex, office/work area or UW Dining facility.
Pathways Intern (Career), Student Trainee (Administration): Portland, Or Lacey, Wa Or Seattle, Wa, NOAA Fisheries, United States, 29 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNOAA FisheriesLocationPortland, OR Lacey, WA or Seattle, WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$47,875 - $8...
Postdoctoral Scholar Position, Washington State University Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, United States, about 2 months ago
Location Seattle, WA Open Date Mar 16, 2022 Description Position description: The Terrain Analysis and Cryosphere Observation lab at the University of Washington has an opening for a full-time pos...