The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
UW's Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology has some outstanding opportunities open for Temporary COVID Testing Patient Assistant Leads.
• Lead who responds to customer inquires, requests, concerns, complaints, and disputes; prioritizes and participates in scheduling work for the group as appropriate; assists in staff training and real-time feedback.
• Assists management and supervisory staff in planning and implementing unit policies and procedures to ensure timely and effective patient service levels.
• Updates and maintains accurate records information/database systems and generates reports, as required.
• Plans, organizes, and schedules, daily work activities by matching priorities, workload, and available personnel in order to maintain optimal productivity within the unit; and leads staff in ensuring prompt, courteous, and efficient service for customers.
• Provides direction to staff on handling and completing problem transactions, difficult customer inquires, and technical inquires; and resolves questions and concerns of staff regarding policies and procedures as they relate to customer concerns.
• Trains new staff in COVID-19 testing program operations and procedures.
• Must be knowledgeable of COVID-19 operations, training, and competency assessment requirements and be able to interpret, explain, and document work instructions and guidelines to subordinates.
• Responsible for site’s data privacy, security, and quality. Addresses inquire from UW Medicine Laboratory staff.
• Create a culture of continuous improvement and continue to streamline operations and adjust training as necessary to support program change.
• Support and lead daily huddles and quickly spread new knowledge or reminders across all site staff.
• Field complicated questions or inquiries from patients, customer services, or site leadership.
• Perform queue quality control hourly and perform resolution of data quality issues prior to sending patient samples to the laboratory for testing
• Perform weekly site inventory.
• Ability to perform all responsibilities of a Medical Assistant – Registered:
o Register drive-thru and/or walk up patients; assist individuals seeking a COVID test; follow UW Medicine data security and HIPAA protocols; review and audit online information to ensure completeness; request, verify, and/or enter/update patient information.
o For proper test administration; collect and record insurance information, Driver’s license, or identification card information, as appropriate.
o Engage directly with patients to ensure they are correctly entered in the patient registration system, including collecting required information to ensure appropriate data processing for accurate communication regarding results.
o Provide accurate and complete information regarding COVID-19 testing program, including explaining the swabbing processing, and answering frequently asked questions.
o Accurately write out and perform proper verification of patient information to their paperwork, labels, and tubes.
o Respond to customer inquires and complaints; research problems; resolve and reconcile discrepancies; prepare documents to make adjustments and corrections when errors are detected; and refer customer service requests to appropriate personnel for disposition and follow up whenever appropriate.
o Update and maintain accurate account information and customer records in computerized customer information/database systems by inputting new information and changes, and maintain statistical records and generate reports, as requested.
o Provide a high-standard of customer service and assistance to all patient populations, including using site tools for interpreter services appropriately.
o Assist patients, as needed, in the COVID specimen collection procedure.
o Follow all safety protocols, wearing assigned personal protective equipment, and follow all site infection prevention procedures.
o Receive supply inventory shipments and accurately document their arrival.
o Notify site leadership in a timely manner of any operation, patient, facility issues or improvements that arise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or equivalent AND three years of clerical experience involving customer service, public contact, and/or experience in a billing processing (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background.
• Able to get licensed as a MA-R during first 90 days
• Flexibility to work any Seattle or surrounding area COVID collection area.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in English.
• Experience in a laboratory environment.
• Experience working with Solv.
• Proficient in a non-English language.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Student Affairs Specialist Seattle, Washington, Northeastern University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Coordinate and execute student service models for the learners of the Seattle Campus, regardless of the mode of instruction or physical loca...
Student Affairs Specialist Seattle, Washington, Northeastern University, United States, 21 days ago
Student Affairs Specialist - Seattle, Washington About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning....