*Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis.
CDC Office and Location: Six research opportunities are currently available in the Division of Birth Defects and Infant Disorders (DBDID), within the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
Research Project: This research project will be part of the COVID-19 Emergency Operations Center response efforts on the State, Tribal, Local and Territorial (STLT) Task Force.
Hosted by NCBDDD, and under the guidance of a mentor, the participant will receive training on:
- Approaches to tracking state legislative interest and action related to priorities
- Contributing to the development of public health briefing and meeting materials
- Analyzing public health legislation, regulations, executive directives, and departmental policy issuances
- Participating in the development of new initiatives that contribute to improvements in public health
- Contributing to the development of internal and external reports and other administrative level documents
- Monitoring program performance through various internal and external performance reporting channels
Learning Objectives: The participant may also train in cross-cutting policy activities, such as partnership development, congressional relations, and issues management to enable the participant to develop skills in the breadth of policy functions at CDC that will well position the participant for a variety of potential future opportunities.
Mentor(s): The mentor for this opportunity is Denise Boggs (email@example.com ). If you have questions about the nature of the research please contact the mentor(s).
Anticipated Appointment Start Date: Spring/Summer 2021. Start date is flexible and will depend on a variety of factors.
Appointment Length: The appointment will initially be for one year, but may be renewed upon recommendation of CDC and is contingent on the availability of funds.
Level of Participation: The appointment is full-time.
Participant Stipend: The participant will receive a monthly stipend commensurate with educational level and experience.
Citizenship Requirements: This opportunity is available to U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR), and foreign nationals. Non-U.S. citizen applicants should refer to the Guidelines for Non-U.S. Citizens Details page of the program website for information about the valid immigration statuses that are acceptable for program participation.
ORISE Information: This program, administered by ORAU through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), was established through an interagency agreement between DOE and CDC. Participants do not become employees of CDC, DOE or the program administrator, and there are no employment-related benefits. Proof of health insurance is required for participation in this program. Health insurance can be obtained through ORISE.Additional Details:
The qualified candidate should have received a master’s or doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields, or be currently pursuing one of the degrees and will reach completion by the start date of the appointment. Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date.
- Knowledge of public health
- Knowledge of political science, government, and/ or public policy
- Experience conducting analyses in public health legislation, regulations, executive directives, and departmental policy issuances
- Experience conducting scientific literature reviews
- Experience producing technical/scientific reports, presentations, and/or manuscripts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
Connect with ORISE...on the GO! Download the new ORISE GO mobile app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to help you stay engaged, connected, and informed during your ORISE experience and beyond!
A complete application consists of:
- An application
- Transcripts – Click here for detailed information about acceptable transcripts
- A current resume/CV, including academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and publication list
- One educational or professional recommendation. Your application will be considered incomplete, and will not be reviewed until one recommendation is submitted.
All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
Questions: Please visit our Program Website . After reading, if you have additional questions about the application process please email ORISE.CDC.NCBDDD@orau.org and include the reference code for this opportunity.
Open Rank Faculty Position In Textiles, Kennesaw State University, United States, 3 days ago
Previous Job Job Title Open Rank Faculty Position in Textiles Next Job Apply for Job Job ID 225266 Location Kennesaw, Georgia Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Temporary Regular Add to My Favorite ...
Student Success Adviser, Savannah College of Art and Design, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Details Location: Atlanta Position Number A02627 Position Type: Full Time Position Title Student Success Adviser Assigned Area(s) of Responsibility: Category: Staff Work Year: Year Round ...
Student Windows Software Developer Co Op Fall 2021 Cipher, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Description GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment a...
Part Time Positions In Cybersecurity, Kennesaw State University, United States, 8 days ago
Previous Job Job Title Part-Time Faculty of Cybersecurity Next Job Apply for Job Job ID 225267 Location Kennesaw, Georgia;Marietta, Georgia Full/Part Time Part-Time Regular/Temporary Regular Add t...
Student Roboticist Co Op Fall 2021 Atas, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Description GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment, ...
Part Time Positions As Elementary And Early Childhood Education Clinical Supervisors, Kennesaw State University, United States, 8 days ago
Previous Job Job Title Part-Time Elementary and Early Childhood Education Clinical Supervisors Next Job Apply for Job Job ID 225042 Location Kennesaw, Georgia Full/Part Time Part-Time Regular/Temp...