Job TitleCase Investigator (Non-Student Position)
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentEpidemiology & Biostatistics
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Job TypeTemporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
What you need to know: If you are currently employed by Texas A&M University or Texas A&M University Health Science Center, you will need to apply as an internal candidate.
THIS IS A NON-STUDENT POSITION. FOR THE STUDENT POSITION, PLEASE APPLY TO R-032414.
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Case Investigator to serve as a member of the COVID Operations team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
What is Case Investigating?
Case investigating and Contact tracing are the a processes by which an individual (“case”) with laboratory-confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 is identified to the public health system, after which each person (“contact”) who may have been exposed to virus through contact with a case is identified, as well. Once a case is identified, the Epidemiology team interview each case to ascertain demographics, symptoms, health status, and risk factors, as well as contacts. Contact tracers then communicate with these individuals to warn them of potential exposure and connect them with public health information and services including testing. The aim is to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather information about their contacts, and to call each contact in Texas. This is in tandem with other statewide efforts to increase testing, develop coordinated outbreak management response, increase infrastructure for isolation and quarantine support, if needed, and fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Texas.
Under the supervision of the Epidemiology team lead, along with Faculty supervisor and Brazos County Health Department epidemiology lead, the Case Investigator will conduct interviews with persons diagnosed with COVID-19, identify contacts that need to be traced, and collect sufficient information for contact tracers to be assigned workflow. Case Investigator will use our web-based data management platform (including RedCap) to call cases and document the call, record interview responses and information about contacts.
- Act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19 (cases), provide support and information about the disease, and gather information including contacts. Communicate with cases in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Triage and coordinate next steps for support for cases, including referral to social services.
- Collect and record information about each case’s contacts into databases.
- Log and track Cases and Contacts
- Provide cases with approved information about quarantine/isolation procedures specific to Texas A&M System units across Texas, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 social resources.
- Refer cases outside of the Brazos County area to the appropriate DSHS portal (Texas Health Trace)
- Escalate issues to Epidemiology Lead, Faculty Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Perform contact tracing duties for team as necessary based on contact tracer workloads.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in public health, microbiology, infectious diseases, biostatistics, health, social sciences, or a related field preferred. Applicant may substitute relevant experience in community health.
- Graduate degree in Public Health, Health science, or Social science preferred.
- Experience in the field of epidemiology, communicable disease control, or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of epidemiology preferred.
- Experience working in a health, human service, or community-based organization or institutional setting preferred
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Fluency in second or multiple languages a plus
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to manage and adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to show empathy and interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to work through conflict
- Proficiency with computers and data entry into electronic tracking systems
- Ownership of or ability to acquire a personal computer and broadband internet access. A headset is preferred.
Individuals selected for employment:
- are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by DSHS, and comply with DSHS training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- must complete the following as part of onboarding: “Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers ” offered by the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials or Johns Hopkins University “COVID-19 Contact Tracing ”
- Texas A&M / Texas Health and Human Services HIPAA training or approved equivalent
- Texas A&M / Texas Health and Human Services Cybersecurity training or approved equivalent
- RedCap and Texas Health Trace data system training
- Texas Health and Human Services Acceptable Use Agreement
- Texas A&M “Interviewer Techniques” training
The position pay is $18.00 per hour.
THIS IS A NON-STUDENT, TEMPORARY POSITION.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
The Case Investigating team will operate 7 days a week between the hours of 8am and 8pm Central Standard Time. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Contact Tracer (Testing Non Student Position), TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Contact Tracer (Testing Non-Student Position) Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Epidemiology & Biostatistics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location ...
Student Enrollment & Engagement: Temporary Advising And Success Specialist, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description: Berklee College is an exciting, diverse place to work, offering an inclusive environment that promises to challenge and stimulate. The Berklee community creates a spirit of respec...
Student Enrollment & Engagement: International Student Advisor, International Student Services, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description: Institutional Overview: Located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood in Boston, Massachusetts, and having recently merged with the Boston Conservatory of Music, Berklee is the wo...
Post Doctoral Fellow Quantitative And Statistical Genetics, Clemson University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow - Quantitative and Statistical Genetics Clemson University: College of Science: Genetics & Biochemistry Location Greenwood, SC Open Date Mar 22, 2021 Deadline May 31, 2021 at ...
Post Doctoral Fellow Investigating Interactions Between Virus And Bacterial Pathogens In Fruit Trees, Clemson University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow - Investigating Interactions Between Virus and Bacterial Pathogens in Fruit Trees Clemson University: College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences: Plant & Environmenta...
Student Worker, Blinn College, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Requisition Number 2021007S Position Title Student Worker Department Academic Technology - Bryan Salary ...