The Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Student Engagement Operations serves as a senior leader for USC Student Affairs and provides vision and leadership in the development and administration of a vibrant student life that engages the entire campus community. The position also manages a significant student-centered portfolio: Recreational Sports, Trojan Event Services, Student Publications, Student Affairs Business Enterprise Platforms, Assessment and Continuous Improvement, and HSC Student Services.
This role provides essential campus-wide leadership, strategy, vision, and support for student engagement operations. A primary objective of this position is to lead intentional efforts to support and engage all students (undergraduate and graduate, domestic and international) in a spectrum of services and programs which foster meaningful connection, a strong sense of belonging, and overall positive well-being. The role is responsible for cultivating a division-wide student-centered philosophy with focus on enhancing student services and support. The incumbent must have a substantial and proven record of broad senior-level management and leadership experience in higher education, especially in Student Affairs.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide leadership and management for the aforementioned departments.
- Lead collective partnerships to enhance student services and operations.
- Cultivate campus-wide partnerships focused on enhancing student services, engagement opportunities for all students, and related operations.
- Provides leadership and guidance on assessment and strategic planning efforts for student support programs and services.
- Fosters an environment of data-informed decision making whereby direct reports initiate progress, identify trends, and make appropriate adjustments.
- Oversee and manage large operating budgets and related revenue production.
- Represent the Vice President for Student Affairs or Senior Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs on University-wide committees and initiatives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key qualifications of the role include:
- Advanced education in higher education administration, counseling, psychology, management, or related field is required, Ph.D., Ed.D. or equivalent preferred.
- At least 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration.
- Experience creating and evaluating student services.
- Experience developing and administering large operating budgets.
- In depth understanding of assessment and program evaluation strategies.
- Expert knowledge of higher education administration with relevant experience in management of student life services.
- Leadership, supervisory, and management skills with a successful track record of management responsibilities.
- Involvement in professional associations (e.g., NASPA, ACPA).
- An advocate for students' success (academic, personal, and professional).
- Must be able to prioritize multiple demands and possess the ability to operate in a fast-paced, sometimes crisis, mode.
Minimum Education: Ed.D. or PhD Minimum Experience: 7 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Seven years related experience in higher education. Experience in student programming and specifically with academic honors and fellowships and government service programs.
Student Support Counselor, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Description: Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Support Services, Student Support Counselors (SSC) are the single-point of access for students and provides studen...
Student Services Professional Iii, The California State University, United States, 12 days ago
Campus: Los Angeles Job ID: 504493 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 10, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit...
Student Accounts Technician 2 Positions Available, The California State University, United States, 23 days ago
Campus: Long Beach Job ID: 504612 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 2, 2021 Closing Date: September 16, 2021 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)...
504287 Counselor, Federal Work Study (Student Services Professional Iii Range A), The California State University, United States, 30 days ago
Campus: Fullerton Job ID: 504287 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 26, 2021 Closing Date: September 9, 2021 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4...
Student Assistant, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 20 days ago
Qualifications Must be a current UCLA student Ability to maintain confidentiality in the strictest sense Ability to assist with data entry for research studies Ability to interact appropriately ...
504286 Counselor, Direct Loans (Student Services Professional Iii Range A), The California State University, United States, 30 days ago
Campus: Fullerton Job ID: 504286 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 26, 2021 Closing Date: September 9, 2021 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4...