The Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Student Engagement Operations serves as a senior leader for USC Student Affairs and provides vision and leadership in the development and administration of a vibrant student life that engages the entire campus community. The position also manages a significant student-centered portfolio: Recreational Sports, Trojan Event Services, Student Publications, Student Affairs Business Enterprise Platforms, Assessment and Continuous Improvement, and HSC Student Services.
This role provides essential campus-wide leadership, strategy, vision, and support for student engagement operations. A primary objective of this position is to lead intentional efforts to support and engage all students (undergraduate and graduate, domestic and international) in a spectrum of services and programs which foster meaningful connection, a strong sense of belonging, and overall positive well-being. The role is responsible for cultivating a division-wide student-centered philosophy with focus on enhancing student services and support. The incumbent must have a substantial and proven record of broad senior-level management and leadership experience in higher education, especially in Student Affairs.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide leadership and management for the aforementioned departments.
- Lead collective partnerships to enhance student services and operations.
- Cultivate campus-wide partnerships focused on enhancing student services, engagement opportunities for all students, and related operations.
- Provides leadership and guidance on assessment and strategic planning efforts for student support programs and services.
- Fosters an environment of data-informed decision making whereby direct reports initiate progress, identify trends, and make appropriate adjustments.
- Oversee and manage large operating budgets and related revenue production.
- Represent the Vice President for Student Affairs or Senior Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs on University-wide committees and initiatives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key qualifications of the role include:
- Advanced education in higher education administration, counseling, psychology, management, or related field is required, Ph.D., Ed.D. or equivalent preferred.
- At least 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration.
- Experience creating and evaluating student services.
- Experience developing and administering large operating budgets.
- In depth understanding of assessment and program evaluation strategies.
- Expert knowledge of higher education administration with relevant experience in management of student life services.
- Leadership, supervisory, and management skills with a successful track record of management responsibilities.
- Involvement in professional associations (e.g., NASPA, ACPA).
- An advocate for students' success (academic, personal, and professional).
- Must be able to prioritize multiple demands and possess the ability to operate in a fast-paced, sometimes crisis, mode.
Minimum Education: Ed.D. or PhD Minimum Experience: 7 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Seven years related experience in higher education. Experience in student programming and specifically with academic honors and fellowships and government service programs.
505727 Relationship And Sexual Violence Prevention Educator (Student Services Professional Iii Range A), The California State University, United States, 13 days ago
Campus: Fullerton Job ID: 505727 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 14, 2021 Closing Date: October 28, 2021 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4...
506012 Campus Advocate (Student Services Professional Iii Range A), The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Campus: Fullerton Job ID: 506012 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 21, 2021 Closing Date: November 4, 2021 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4...
Graduate And International Evaluator (2 Positions), The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: Los Angeles Job ID: 200112 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 29, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9...
Student Assistant Center For East West Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 1 day ago
Responsibilities The Center for East-West Medicine Academic and Research Office is seeking to hire a part-time Student Assistant to provide clerical and administrative support. In this role, you...
Student Athlete Study Hall Monitor – Half Time 10/12 Pay Plan, The California State University, United States, 16 days ago
Campus: Long Beach Job ID: 505816 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Part-Time Date Posted: October 11, 2021 Closing Date: October 25, 2021 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) ...
Student Assistant, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 20 days ago
Qualifications Required: •Excellent English writing skills in grammar, spelling and punctuation for all correspondence •Excellent English verbal communication skills to interact courteously and ef...