Job TitleAssistant Football Coach (Defensive Position)
AgencyWest Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCanyon, Texas
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
Responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Coach. Assist with scouting and recruitment of student-athletes. Monitors conditioning and training, as well as academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes. Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opposing teams; assists with game planning and strategy. Participates in public relations activities and fund raising, assists with special projects as assigned by Head Coach. Coordinates Summer Camp and be a Liaison for campus. Reports to Head Coach.
- Coaching games and practices to include: team instruction and game planning during the championship segment, individual skill instruction during the non-championship segment, youth instruction in summer camps and clinics, practice preparation, scouting and film review.
- Skill evaluation and recruitment of college-bound student-athletes.
- Monitoring and ensuring the academic progress and ongoing eligibility of currently enrolled student-athletes. Liaison for campus & coordinates Summer Camp.
- General administrative tasks and public relations activities as assigned by the head coach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- On field Defensive Back/Defensive Line coaching experience required
- Strong recruiting background required
- Ability to pass NCAA Recruiting Test (D-II) annually is required
- Master’s degree
- Recruiting experience in Texas and at JUCOs. Four years College experience as DB/DL Coach. Experience in Odd Front Defense (3-4)
- Commitment to academic success. Leadership & motivational skills is preferred. Knowledge of NCAA Regulations
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
- Three references
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Please use the “Upload” button to add each document individually. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with uploading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Contact Tracer (Testing Non Student Position), TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Contact Tracer (Testing Non-Student Position) Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Epidemiology & Biostatistics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location ...
Student Enrollment & Engagement: Temporary Advising And Success Specialist, Berklee College of Music, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description: Berklee College is an exciting, diverse place to work, offering an inclusive environment that promises to challenge and stimulate. The Berklee community creates a spirit of respec...
Student Enrollment & Engagement: International Student Advisor, International Student Services, Berklee College of Music, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description: Institutional Overview: Located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood in Boston, Massachusetts, and having recently merged with the Boston Conservatory of Music, Berklee is the wo...
Post Doctoral Fellow Quantitative And Statistical Genetics, Clemson University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow - Quantitative and Statistical Genetics Clemson University: College of Science: Genetics & Biochemistry Location Greenwood, SC Open Date Mar 22, 2021 Deadline May 31, 2021 at ...
Post Doctoral Fellow Investigating Interactions Between Virus And Bacterial Pathogens In Fruit Trees, Clemson University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow - Investigating Interactions Between Virus and Bacterial Pathogens in Fruit Trees Clemson University: College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences: Plant & Environmenta...
Student Worker, Blinn College, United States, about 13 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Requisition Number 2021007S Position Title Student Worker Department Academic Technology - Bryan Salary ...