|Job Title||ASM Post-Bachelor's Student|
|Location||Los Alamos, NM, US|
|Organization Name||ASM-STE/Acquisition Services Management Science, Technology & Engineering|
What You Will Do
The Acquisition Services Division (ASM) at Los Alamos National Laboratory is seeking qualified Supply Chain Management, Business, (Junior/Senior), or data analytics student seeking a challenging paid internship in a business management role. Candidates must be admitted or active in a graduate program and have a minimum GPA of a 3.0/4.0 for consideration.
The Acquisition Services Division delivers world-class service and value to our Laboratory customers in the areas of Procurement, Center of Excellence, Compliance, Operations, and Supplier Management outreach to enable the Laboratory to solve national security challenges through scientific excellence.
Capital Projects: Overview
Center of Excellence: Overview
· Strategic Sourcing, including category and catalog management
· Business Optimization
o Business process mapping and optimization
o Software solution support
o Reporting and data analytics
· Ariba/Fieldglass software implementation
Mission Operations: Overview
Shared services for procurement, including:
Science, Technology & Engineering: Overview
Supplier Management: Overview
ASM Division Positions:
· Category Management
· Solutions Support
· Spend Analyst
· Performance Management
· Reps & Certs/ Insurance
· Small Business
· Supplier Enablement
· Supplier Qualification
· Procurement Specialist
· P-Card Admin
· Compliance Specialist
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
Notes to Applicants: As part of the application process, please upload your transcripts, cover letter, and resume. Please address qualifications and which ASM group you would be interested in working for and why.
No Clearance: Position does not require a security clearance. Selected candidates will be subject to drug testing and other pre-employment background checks.
New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
For general program information refer to the Student Programs web page.
Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Where You Will Work
Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Instructions on How to Activate/Create a LANL Jobs Account:
Follow the instructions below if you have ever had an employee Z number, been a contractor, or received Los Alamos Lab insurance coverage to activate your account:
· Select the Click Here button if you have been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage.
· Please enter only your first and last name and current email address (an email with your validation code will be sent to you) to activate the account currently in our system.
· Enter your validation code as described in the email you receive and complete the 3-page registration form. Your account is now active and you can apply for jobs or save to your basket. Important: Enter the validation code within 15 days to activate your account or your account will be deactivated.
Follow the instructions below if you if you have never been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage to create an account:
· Select the Register button if you have never been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage to Create an Account.
· From here, you will establish an account with username and password.
How to Apply: Login to Your Account to Complete the Application Process
· Click the Vacancy Name number (in blue) to view any job’s details.
· Click Apply or Add to Basket to apply later. Tip: To apply for a job or save your basket, you must have a LANL jobs account.
If you experience any technical issues, please email email@example.com for assistance.