Type of award
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
$40,000 per year for three years;
$20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance;
Fees and living expenses
3 years for the duration of the programme.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Up to 20 scholarships are available for the University of Manchester.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available in all subject areas across the University.
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
Candidates must be Canadian citizens.
Candidates submit their application using the Trudeau Foundation's online portal . They will need to create an account and upload their application form and all the required documents (including references and transcripts, but excluding the letter of nomination), as outlined on the Trudeau Foundation's website by 22 nd January 2020.
Referees provide references which must be signed and clearly indicate their name and contact details.
The Faculty of Humanities Associate Dean for PGR considers all submissions from candidates in the University of Manchester and selects suitable candidates. If successful, the Faculty will provide a nomination letter through the online portal.
The Faculty Associate Dean for PGR will assess nominations based on Trudeau's evaluation criteria:
- Academic excellence;
- Leadership experience and abilities;
- Thematic relevance of research to the Foundation's themes;
- Public engagement;
- Desire to contribute to public dialogue and share knowledge;
- Communication skills;
- Desire to belong to a vibrant community made up of leaders from across sectors; and
- All forms of diversity, including but not limited to gender, ethnicity, language, region, and discipline. We welcome First Nations, Métis, and Inuit candidates.
15 Jan 2020
15 January 2020
Late April 2020
- Candidates must explain explicitly how their research fulfils one or more of the four Trudeau themes
- Candidates must read the eligibility requirements carefully.
- Their referees must demonstrate how they meet the Foundation's criteria; references designed primarily to support applications for DPhil/PhD programmes may not fulfil this requirement adequately.
- The Faculty will not consider any incomplete or ineligible applications
- Application form and references must be written in English
- For technical support relating to the Trudeau Foundation portal, please contact the Trudeau Foundation directly.
- For candidates selected to attend an interview in Canada, the University of Manchester will not cover travel expenses
Contact details for enquiries
Back to list of opportunities
Marie Skłodowska Curie Itn Early Stage Researcher Ph D Studentship , University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 36-month position as early-stage researcher (ESR) and register for a three-year PhD studentship in Health Economics based at The University of Manchester. This posit...
Marie Sklodowska Curie Itn Early Stage Researcher Ph D Studentship , The University of Manchester ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Faculty/Organisation: Biology, Medicine & Health Division: Cancer Sciences Contract Duration: 01 November 2020 or soon thereafter until 30 September 2023 Applications are invited for a 36-month po...
Marie Skłodowska Curie Early Stage Researcher (Esr2) Ph D Studentship H2020 Innovative Training Network (Itn) 860434 Art Mo Ma: Artificial Molecular Machines , University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 36-month position as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) in the area of synthetic organic chemistry or supramolecular chemistry. The successful ap...