- Job title
- Student Support Co-Ordinator (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
- Job reference
- Date posted
- Application closing date
- Kings Cross - London
- £31, 519 per annum
- Job category/type
- Management (Support)
- Job description
About the role:
As a coordinator within the support team, you will be responsible for a case load of EHCP students and will ensure that their needs are met in accordance with their EHCP. You will be responsible to mentor the LSA’s that work with your student caseload and ensure that high quality support is delivered.
You will need to fully understand your student’s needs and liaise with all parties that are involved in the student’s care and education. You will ensure that the students under your remit progress while they attend WKC. You will need to liaise with teachers, tutors, parents, social workers, and the local authorities.
You will also ensure that LSA’s encourage, facilitate and monitor the development of the student’s English and Maths skills both inside and outside the classroom.
You will need to track and complete any administrative work such as high-cost forms and annual review documentation and monitor and track tasks that LSA’s need to complete such as ILP targets, support records, annual review feedback forms all within the allocated deadlines.
You will be the point of contact for the local authorities for your student caseload. You will report back to the department manager on a regular basis and ensure that a good work ethic and code of conduct is maintained within the team.
• Have excellent SEND knowledge.
• Good knowledge and at least 2 years of experience of supporting students with special educational needs.
• Have knowledge and experience of working with young people with autism, including using strategies to help them achieve to the best of their abilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of the code of practice for learners with additional needs.
• Be able to work closely in conjunction with other services and agencies to identify positive solutions and outcomes for children & young people with special educational needs.
• Experience in handling complex information and data and presenting this to a varied audience in an effective and appropriate manner.
• Relevant experience in team leadership/management within the FE, public, or voluntary sectors, including performan¬¬ce management, training and development.
• Excellent administrative and IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Software.
• Good organisational skills and high attention to detail.
• The ability to plan and monitor one’s own workload, to ensure that all deadlines are met.
• The ability to work effectively as a team member.
• Have great interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• The ability to maintain records and produce relevant documentation as required.
• The ability to supervise and deploy staff as appropriate.
• Have a proactive, flexible, and solution-focused approach to meeting the needs of students with special educational needs and disabilities, and to meet all deadlines and operational demands.
• Be confident to make own decision whilst consulting manager in the process.
• Work well under pressure.
• Understand the reasons for an Equal Opportunities Policy and how it affects the immediate working environment and relationships with clients.
• An awareness of safeguarding and how it relates to the work of this post in a further education College.
We are the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About Westminster Kingsway College:
Westminster Kingsway College is a further education college in central London with centres in Camden and Westminster. It offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses for 16-18 year olds and adult learners, such as A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Foundation Degrees, Access to Higher Education, employability training and short courses. It also offers bespoke training for employers and specialist programmes delivered in conjunction with the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy.
Westminster Kingsway is an award-winning provider of hospitality and culinary arts courses. For over a century it has been at the forefront of culinary arts education in the UK, providing UK restaurants with highly-skilled chefs, front-of-house staff and management. The college can count among its alumni Jamie Oliver, Ainsley Harriot and Selin Kiazim.
Please click here to view the job description.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 13th April 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Strictly no agencies.
Ph D Fee Waivers At Westminster Business School , University of Westminster ;, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Westminster Business School at the University of Westminster is pleased to offer one home-fee waiver for a prospective PhD student starting in September 2021. Located in the heart of London, we h...
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > Specialist International Student Adviser <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
The Visa & International Student Advice Team are seeking a caring and professional Specialist International Student Adviser to join our committed and friendly team. The team are responsible for d...
Student Fees And Funding Lead Officer , SOAS University of London ;, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Location:Bloomsbury, London Hours:35 per week We are seeking to appoint a Student Fees and Funding Lead Officer in the Student Administration & Progression team. You will lead activities relating ...
Psychology Technician Includes Fee Waived Ph D , University of West London ;, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Interview Date: Monday 28 June 2021 The University of West London (UWL) has climbed an impressive 23 places to become one of the top 40 universities in the UK according to the influential Guardian...
Student Academic Career And Employment Adviser , ICON College of Technology and Management ;, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
URGENTLY REQUIRED Reporting to: The Principal Liaising with: Vice Principals (Academic Affairs), Vice Principal (External Affairs) and accessible to Manging Director Introduction: Founded in 2003,...
Ph D Studentship: Nature Inspired Chemical Engineering For Sustainable Development , University College London, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Department of Chemical Engineering Location of position London Duration of Studentship 3.5 years Stipend £18,609 per annum Vacancy Information The Department of Chemical ...