Exciting opportunities have arisen to appoint one open ended and two fixed term Student Hub Assistants to join the Campus Services Division at an internationally renowned University. Based primarily at the South Kensington Campus we are looking to recruit applicants who must be willing and able to work at other campuses, beyond the stated working hours as and when required and occasional weekends during peak times of the year.
You will provide a high level of customer service at the Student Hub and be the first point of contact for face-to-face enquiries and required assistance from students, applicants and external customers. The role also includes responding to enquiries by email, but also by telephone, email, web-based enquiry system and postal. The role involves the collection of payments via cheque and credit/debit cards and accurately recording all transactions and filing in-line with processes and procedures.
You will be required to identify when a request needs to be passed on to a specialist colleague to ensure that a student gets a high level of service from the Student Hub at all times. Liaising with colleagues from other departments and working closely with them is essential to be able to provide the most up to date advice and information to students on a wide range of services.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to have proven experience in a customer service environment, ideally in the Higher Education sector and of working in a team. You must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a consistently high degree of accuracy during peak periods.
If you are looking for the next stage in your career and enjoy working in a busy environment, you could be just the people we’re looking for. In return, we offer a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and career development opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deal with all students, parents and other parties’ queries. Promote customer care and quality of service to students/prospective students and parents and any other visitors to the Student Hub
- To ensure all enquiries are recorded in the enquiry management system consistently and accurately to assist with monitoring, evaluation and tracking and to triage these enquiries to the appropriate team/department
- To update the information systems used in the Student Hub and be familiar and confident in using all College IT systems including Kinetics, ASK, ICIS and Imperial Home Solutions and Microsoft Office Applications
- Carry out general office administration and to assist with the opening and closing of the Student Hub to ensure the smooth operation of the office and counter
- To attend and participate in Events carried out by the Student Hub throughout the year, such as College Open Days and Private Housing Events.
- Experience of working in a busy customer focused environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for dealing with a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds
- A good working knowledge of Windows based software including Word, Excel, Outlook and inhouse IT systems
- A pro-active and flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to changing situations in a considered and calm manner and to work well under pressure
- Excellent person-management skills and the ability to communicate, interact and build effective working relationships with a broad range of people
- Ability to exercise initiative, organised and with efficient office administration skills
Operational Services Grade 2a
£27,290 - £29,108
Full Time / Open Ended x 1
Full Time / 6 Months Fixed Term x 2
The standard working week consists of 35 hours but will require a flexible approach to working, including occasional evenings and weekends and able to work at any location, as reasonably required.
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Please apply now!
Closing date: Midnight on Thursday, 25th March 2021
Please note, we do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of applications.
Interviews will be conducted the week commencing Monday, 12th April 2021
For further information, please contact Sue Mannion, Student Hub Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Success Tutor , Study Group ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term until 03/09/2021 Salary: £26,000 per annum JOB OVERVIEW You will be part of the student success team at the Kingston University International Study Centre work...
Epsrc Centre For Doctoral Training In Intelligent Games And Game Intelligence (Iggi) , University of York ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Three fully-funded PhD studentships at Queen Mary University of London, starting September 2021 Covers fees and a stipend for up to four years (for home or EU settled status students) IGGI is an e...
Psychology Technician Includes Fee Waived Ph D , University of West London ;, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Interview Date: Monday 28 June 2021 The University of West London (UWL) has climbed an impressive 23 places to become one of the top 40 universities in the UK according to the influential Guardian...
Funded Ph D Studentship Investigating The Effects Of Common Dna Variants On Bowel Cancer Risk , Brunel University London ;, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
The Centre for Genome Engineering and Maintenance at Brunel University London is offering a fully funded PhD studentship for the investigation of common DNA variants that increase the risk of deve...
Ph D Studentship On Engineering Based Tools For The Treatment Of Peripheral Arteriovenous..., University College London, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
An arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a disorder in which the blood vessels within a specific area of the body are incorrectly formed, resulting in multiple abnormal, high flow, communications be...
Student Statutory Returns – Senior Assistant Registrar Req5769, London South Bank University, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Job profile The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included. Job details Job titleStudent Statuto...