Title: Special Scientist PhD in Econometric Modelling
No. Of Position: One (1)
Category: Contract for a year (12 months), renewable for an additional year (up to 24 months)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Economics Research Centre at the Department of Economics of the University of Cyprus accepts applications for a Special Scientists (Research) position expert in Econometric Modelling for full-time (140 hours/month) or part-time employment for the period of 12 months, renewable up to 24 months.
The research position is primarily funded by the EC’s Recovery and Resilience Plan for Cyprus. Additional funding could be drawn from external grants of the EC, the National Promotion of Innovation and Research Foundation, the Ministry of Finance, the Central Bank of Cyprus and from other funds of the Economics Research Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the above position are:
- Development of econometric models fo policy analysis.
- Supervision of postdoctoral researchers including the programming for development of econometric models, calibration and testing.
- Writing research papers aiming at high-impact international publications.
- Writing articles/reports to analyse and interpret the results and conclusions for policy analysis.
- Presentations of methodologies and research results in international and local conferences and policymakers.
- Candidates should have a PhD degree and considerable experience in developing econometrician models in academic and/or policy organizations. Candidates who are near completion of their PhD and will defend their PhD within three months of this application would also be considered.
- Strong applied econometric knowledge of DSGE models (e.g. DSGE Quest II model of the European Commision) will be considered as an advantage.
- Character integrity, confidentiality, organizational and administrative capacity, responsibility, initiative and ethics. High academic performance and appeal for research.
The position is on a contract basis on one year (12 months), renewable for an additional year (24 months). The monthly gross salary is up to €2100 (on the basis of 140 hours/month) depending on qualifications and experience. From this amount, employee contributions will be deducted. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest for this position
- Detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or English
- Copies of transcripts and analytical grades
- The names of two academics or/and supervisors in case of policy institutions from whom references may be requiested.
Applicants are invited to submit their application by the 10th of February 2022 at 14:00, at the following link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment. For any additional information regarding the positions please contact Professor Elena Andreou at email@example.com
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
Ph D Studentship: Biopolymer Depolymerisation Studies Using Supercritical Fluids , London South Bank University ;, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
PhD Studentship: Biopolymer depolymerisation studies using supercritical fluids Description: Oil-derived plastic waste is an environmental problem around the world. Biopolymers are seen as substit...
Ph D Studentship: Multi Physics Modelling And Optimisation Of Coating For Structural Composite Battery Ph D , Cranfield University ;, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Applications deadline:24/06/2022 Cranfield Campus start date: 01/10/2022 Fee status of eligible applicants: UK Duration of Award if full time preferred*: 3 years Supervisors 1st Supervisor: Marz...
Ph D Studentship In Advanced Battery Technologies , UCL ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Vacancy information The Department of Chemical Engineering at University College London (UCL) is seeking a student to work on a PhD project related to advanced batteries. The project will be align...
Ph D Scholarships , London South Bank University ;, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
The School of Engineering at London South Bank University is an ambitious and progressive centre of research strength, ranked 25th nationally for research power in the last Research Excellence Fr...
Ph D Studentship: Epsrc Centre For Doctoral Training In Intelligent Games And Game Intelligence (Iggi) In Collaboration With Creative Assembly , University of York ;, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Two fully-funded PhD studentships at Queen Mary University of London, starting September 2022 Covers fees and a stipend for four years (for home or EU settled status students) This is a call for a...
Displaced Researcher Fellowship , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Displaced Researcher Fellowship Open Date 04/05/2022, 08:35 Close Date 12/06/2022, 23:55 Research Institute MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences and MRC Laboratory of Molecul...