Type of award
School of Social Sciences
$40,000 per year for three years;
$20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance
Fess and living expenses
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Up to 20 scholarships are available for the University of Manchester
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available in all subject areas across the University.
- Either have a PhD offer to study in social sciences or humanities or be registered in the first or second year of a doctoral programme in the humanities and social sciences at The University of Manchester
- Be Canadian citizens
- Intend to or be doing PhD research related to the four themes of the Trudeau Foundation
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
Candidates must be Canadian citizens.
The Faculty Associate Dean for PGR will assess nominations based on Trudeau's evaluation criteria:
- Academic excellence;
- Leadership experience and abilities;
- Thematic relevance of research to the Foundation's themes;
- Public engagement;
- Desire to contribute to public dialogue and share knowledge;
- Communication skills;
- Desire to belong to a vibrant community made up of leaders from across sectors; and
- All forms of diversity, including but not limited to gender, ethnicity, language, region, and discipline. We welcome First Nations, Métis, and Inuit candidates.
20 Jan 2020
10 January - candidates must have a programme offer by this date
22 January 2020 - deadline to submit on-line Trudeau application.
Contact details for enquiries
Back to list of opportunities
Dame Kathleen Ollerenshaw Fellowships (8 Posts Available) , The University of Manchester ;, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Job reference: S&E-15422 Location: Sackville Street, Manchester Closing date (DD/MM/YYYY): 13/04/2020 Salary: £41,526 - £51,034 per annum (dependent on relevant experience) Employment type: Perman...
Ph D Studentship Digital Twinning For Urban Evaluation: The Cases Of Belval And Manchester , University of Leeds ;, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
Digital twins attract significant interest in urban research. Public and private stakeholders show strong expectations about how, by engaging in new technologies, sensors, data and models that int...