Department: Department of Archaeology and Museology – Faculty of Arts
Deadline: 29 Feb 2020
Start date: September 2020
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Archaeology/Classical Archaeology
The post-doc fellow will participate in research activities of the Department of Archaeology and Museology, Masaryk University, which are focused on the Neolithic through modern periods in Central Europe (e.g. Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria), Eastern Mediterranean and the Balkans (e.g. Crete, Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia), and Western Europe (e.g. France). Emphasis is put on
The candidate is expected to apply an innovative approach to archaeology, to pursue a holistic and interdisciplinary concept of research on human society, or to be experienced in analytical methods of archaeological data processing.
The Department of Archaeology and Museology, Masaryk University, creates a highly competitive environment for research activities which are targeted at the European Research Area. The department’s technical infrastructure currently comprises a complex equipment for geophysical survey, geodetic documentation, 3D digitisation, material analyses of artefacts and environmental samples. The department was ranked in 2018 among the TOP 200 in QS World University Rankings, subject Archaeology.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years (on the date
of employment commencing)
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory
of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0,5 FTE, or who has been a PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”
- be experienced in the field of Archaeology/Classical Archaeology
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and be able to collaborate with multiple teams
- demonstrate a capacity for innovative research, new methods & methodologies, and cross-disciplinary thinking
- be able to prepare an international research project (ERC Starting grants or similar)
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, participation in research projects, previous contracts and further information proving the above mentioned facts (information on previous contracts, publication activity, etc.)
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- Cover Letter
- two letters of reference
- project proposal on the development of research activities in the Department of Archaeology and Museology, Masaryk University (with an emphasis on preparation of an international project) and a 2020–2022 qualification growth plan (in the extent of max. 2 standard pages)
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- guaranteed position for the period of two years with a possibility of extension
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: September 2020 (exact date negotiable)
Application deadline: 29 February 2020
Review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
Please submit your application electronically via e-Application. Informal enquiries can be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Honor Frost Foundation Doctoral Award In Maritime Archaeology, University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Applications are invited for a fully-funded PhD studentship from the Honor Frost Foundation (HFF). https://honorfrostfoundation.org The Foundation's mission is to promote the advancement and resea...
Ph D, University of Warsaw, Poland, 26 days ago
The successful candidate will fill requirements explicated in art.113 point 1 of the Higher Education Law (Law Journal 2020, item 85 amended), and the following: 1. having a doctoral degree in arc...
Phd Student Position (F*M), Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Oriental and European Archaeology (OREA), Austria, 7 days ago
Job ID: OREA097DOC220 The Institute for Oriental and European Archaelogy (OREA ) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW ), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution is o...
Ph D In Medieval Archaeology, NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, 5 days ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Researcher Position In Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (Ams), Uppsala University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Published: 2020-09-10 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to ...
Researcher Position In Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (Ams), Uppsala University, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively...