Department: Department of Archaeology and Museology – Faculty of Arts
Deadline: 17 May 2022
Start date: June 1, 2022
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, invites excellent scientists to apply for a POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Archaeology/Classical Archaeology
Workplace: Department of Archaeology and Museology, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University
Job type: 1,0 FTE (full-time employment)
Expected start date: June1, 2022
Number of open positions: 1
Deadline for applications: May 17, 2022
The post-doc fellow will participate in research activities of the Department of Archaeology and Museology, Masaryk University, which are focused on the Neolithic through modern periods in Europe (especially Central Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, and Western Europe). Emphasis is put on 1) archaeogenetics; 2) archeogeophysics; 3) archaeometry and use-wear analysis 4) paleoecology; 5) social archaeology; 6) funeral and settlement archaeology; 7) artefactual archaeology; 8) theoretical archaeology; 9) experimental archaeology. The candidate is expected to apply an innovative approach to archaeology, to pursue a holistic and interdisciplinary concept of research on human society, or be experienced in analytical methods of archaeological data processing.
The Department of Archaeology and Museology, Masaryk University, creates a highly competitive environment for research activities that are targeted at the European Research Area. The department’s technical infrastructure currently comprises complex equipment for geophysical survey, geodetic documentation, 3D digitisation, material analyses of artefacts and environmental samples.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher within 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree or its equivalent (on the date of employment commencing)
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory
of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been a PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of individual authors stated in the article).
- be experienced in the field of Archaeology/Classical Archaeology
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and be able to collaborate with multiple teams
- demonstrate a capacity for innovative research, new methods & methodologies, and cross-disciplinary thinking
- be able to prepare an international research project (ERC Starting grants or similar)
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants and further information documenting the above-mentioned facts (information on previous contracts, publication activity, etc.)
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- Cover Letter
- two letters of reference
- project proposal on the development of research activities in the Department of Archaeology and Museology, Masaryk University (with an emphasis on preparation of an international project) and a 2022–2023 qualification growth plan (in the extent of max. 2 standard pages)
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in excellent research
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 1 year
- professional team and pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Further information about:
Informal enquiries can be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Anticipated start date: The position is available from June 2022.
Application deadline: May 17, 2022
Review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one month of the deadline.
Please submit your application electronically via e-application available below.
70 Ph D Scholarship Available At The Scuola Superiore Merdionale, University of Naples Federico II (UNINA), Italy, 4 days ago
Qualification Type: PhD Location: Naples - Italy Funding for: EU Students, International Students Scholarship amount: €19,000 per year before social contributions for up to 4 years + 50% increase ...
Ph D Scholarship Within Archeology, Archaeobotany (Subfield Ecology Of Weed Communities In The Past..., Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Slovenia, 4 days ago
ZRC SAZU shall conclude a fixed-term employment contract with the applicant selected. This term covers the period of training, which is the same as the period of financing (junior researchers are ...
Ph D Position Iron Age Archaeology, University of Bergen, Norway, about 21 hours ago
PhD position - Iron Age Archaeology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally an...
Ph D Position Iron Age Archaeology, University of Bergen, Norway, 5 days ago
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowl...
Ph D Fellowship In Economics (# Of Pos: 2), University of Stavanger, Norway, 13 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger invites applicants for up to two PhD Fellowships in Economics at the UiS Business School, Department of Economics. The position is vacant from 1.9.2022....
Ncs2030 Ph D Fellowship In Subsurface Geosciences, University of Stavanger, Norway, 11 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger, as part of the National Centre for Sustainable Subsurface Utilization of the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS2030), invites applicants for a PhD Fellow...