DepartmentDepartment of Histology and Embryology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline 28 Feb 2022
Start date Jully 2022
Job type full-time
Job field Science and research
Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
Postdoc position in Developmental Biology
The Department of Histology and Embryology is an educational and research workplace at the Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno, the Czech Republic. The Department provides courses on all aspects of normal structure and development of human tissues and organs to students of General medicine and Dentistry. The Department is recognized as premier place in the country for research mainly focusing on human pluripotent stem cells, their biology, and applications in biomedicine.
Research group of Dr. Zuzana Koledova studies processes, which govern epithelial morphogenesis and homeostasis, and deregulation of which can lead to cancer. The main focus of the lab is on the role of stromal cells in regulation of epithelial behaviour, and the interplay of biochemical and physical cues in mammary epithelial morphogenesis and breast cancer. The approaches include organoids, genetic mouse models, biosensors, state-of-the-art imaging techniques, and mathematical modelling. The research group has extensive international collaborations within the European Network of Breast Development and Cancer and beyond.
The position provides the opportunity to develop skills in advanced organoid assays, mechanobiology and optobiology within a well-resourced, young, and ambitious team, and to contribute to cutting-edge research projects.
Recent original research publications from the Koledova group:
- Sumbal J, Vranova T, Koledova Z: FGF signaling dynamics regulates epithelial patterning and morphogenesis. bioRxiv. doi.org/10.1101/2020.11.17.386607.
- Rabata A, Fedr R, Soucek K, Hampl A, Koledova Z: 3D cell culture models demonstrate a role for FGF and WNT signaling in regulation of lung epithelial cell fate and morphogenesis. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2020; 8: 574.
- Sumbal J, Chiche A, Charifou E, Koledova Z, Li H: Primary mammary organoid model of lactation and involution. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2020; 8: 68.
- Sumbal J, Koledova Z: FGF signaling in mammary gland fibroblasts regulates multiple fibroblast functions and mammary epithelial morphogenesis. Development. 2019; 146(23). pii: dev185306.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years;
- be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been a PhD student (or equivalent) abroad;
- have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publications (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1) registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, or a first-author publication in a top journal in the field.
Specific criteria for this position:
- experience in the field of developmental, cell or cancer biology;
- experience in organoids, genetic mouse models, live cell imaging and/or image analysis is highly desirable and advantageous;
- the ideal candidate should be intellectually curious, creative, dexterous, self-driven and productive research enthusiast, have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in a committed team.
The applicant shall submit:
- a CV including a list of publication activity;
- a motivation letter, including a short description of research focus and topic of the candidate will work on, and justification of the need considering the field;
- contact information of at least two references (name, position, telephone number);
- a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions);
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution.
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area;
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment;
- initial appointment for 2 years;
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions;
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment;
- full support of the administrative and project offices;
- support of the Welcome office for the successful applicant and his/her family.
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2022.
The submission deadline is 28. February 2022
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link below. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email. For more information, please contact Martina Vráblíková at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
Ph D Student Sars Co V 2 T Cell Immunity (Rivm), Rijksoverheid, Netherlands, 9 days ago
T cells are essential players in the protection against respiratory viral infections. COVID-19 vaccination elicits, besides neutralizing antibody responses, also specific memory T-cell populations...
Master’s Position Available To Study The Effect Of Neural Stem Cell Senescence On Brain Repair – Lindsey Lab, University Of Manitoba, Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Canada, about 10 hours ago
Description of the position: This project uniquely examines the role of cellular senescence in regulating the regenerative capacity of neural stem cells in the aging brain using the adult zebrafis...
Master’s Position Available To Study The Role Of The Unfolded Protein Response (Upr) During Spinal Cord Injury – Lindsey/Logue Labs, University Of Manitoba, Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Canada, about 10 hours ago
Description of the position: This project uniquely investigates the role of the unfolded protein response (UPR) in regulating the regenerative ability of neural stem cells following spinal cord in...
Post /Doctoral Position / Computational Scientist (Open Rank) In Experimental Neuroimmunology , University of Basel, Switzerland, 5 days ago
Why does the immune system attack the nervous system and what role do bacteria in our gut play in causing brain inflammation? If you are curious and motivated to decipher functional immune cell di...
Ph D Position In Dynamic Single Cell Analysis (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 9 days ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year PhD study, starting as soon as possible, in the research group of Prof. Matthias Heinemann, (https://www.heinemannlab.eu ) at the Groningen Biomolecular Scien...
Ph D Position In Dynamic Single Cell Analysis (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year PhD study, starting as soon as possible, in the research group of Prof. Matthias Heinemann, (https://www.heinemannlab.eu) at the Groningen Biomolecular Scienc...