Department: Department of Histology and Embryology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 29 Feb 2020
Start date: March/April 2020 or upon agreement but no later than by 30th November 2020
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in Cell Biology
We are seeking a talented and motivated candidate to join a research team headed by Dr. Lukáš Čajánek at Masaryk University, Faculty of Medicine (http://www2.med.muni.cz/histology/lukas-cajanek/ )
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to pursue molecular mechanisms controlling formation of primary cilia and functional aspects related to their defects in human cells. The primary cilium (PC) is an antenna-like structure present on the surface of cells. Whilst it was originally described as a vestigial organelle, recent years have indisputably proven its status as a seminal structure for sensing various extracellular stimuli. PCs govern many important aspects of embryonic development as well as tissue homeostasis in adulthood. Consequently, deregulation of PC assembly, maintenance or function is linked to numerous human diseases, collectively termed ciliopathies.
The successful candidate will have access to state-of-the-art methodology and instrumentation (proteomics, gene editing, lentiviral transduction, live imaging and high-resolution microscopy, etc.)
The host lab is currently supported by funding from Czech Science Foundation (GACR) and Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
Bernatik O, Pejskova P, Vyslouzil D, Hanakova K, Zdrahal Z, Cajanek L. Phosphorylation of multiple proteins involved in ciliogenesis by Tau Tubulin kinase 2. bioRxiv 676338; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/676338.
Bryja V, Červenka I, Čajánek L. The connections of Wnt pathway components with cell cycle and centrosome: side effects or a hidden logic? Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2017.
Čajánek L, Nigg EA. Cep164 triggers ciliogenesis by recruiting Tau tubulin kinase 2 to the mother centriole. PNAS, 2014.
Bhogaraju S, Čajánek L, et al. Molecular basis of tubulin transport within the cilium by IFT74 and IFT81. Science, 2013.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Specific criteria - the successful candidate should:
- have defended a PhD thesis in cell biology, molecular biology, or similar fields
- have strong research experience and solid publication record in well recognized scientific journals, including at least one first-author publication
- be skilled in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology techniques, and advanced microscopy (advantage)
- prove the interest to tackle scientific challenges, independent planning of experiments to explore given hypotheses and technical skills to carry on the experimental work
- have the ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities and independently solve project-related issues
- have good communication and documentation skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- be highly motivated and self-driven
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a Cover Letter
- At least two contacts for reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an stimulating research environment
- a professional team and attractive working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March/April 2020 or upon agreement but no later than by 30th November 2020.
The submission deadline is 29th February 2020.
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com
You can also send informal inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for official interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
Postdoctoral Position In Rna Biology And Immune Cell Development, Lund University (LU), Sweden, 6 days ago
An exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow is available within the RNA and Stem Cell Biology group of Dr. Cristian Bellodi at the Division of Molecular Hematology of the Lund Stem Cell Cent...
Ph D Position Procare Consortium: Prediction Of Kidney Graft Survival By Immune P, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
The departments of Nephrology and Pathology and Medical Biology collaborate in preclinical and clinical research. This project is part of the national PROCARE 2 consortium in which all Dutch kidne...
Researcher Position On Epigenetic Mechanisms Regulating Cell Adhesion And Migration Properties Of Mantle Cell Lymphoma Cells In Cellular Microenvironments, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 8 days ago
Division The Department of Laboratory of Medicine, located in Campus Flemingsberg, is one of the Karolinska Institutet’s largest departments with 7 research divisions including the Division for Bi...
Postdoctoral Researcher Position On Cancer Biology, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)- BarcelonaTECH, Spain, 12 days ago
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative postdoctoral researcher to work in the field of plasma medicine and investigate on the mechanisms involved in the lethal and selective action of ...
Ph D In Single Cell Mechanical Characterization Of Cell To Cell Adhesion In Plants, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Prae Doc (Ph D Position) Cellular Basis Of Diseases, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria, 7 days ago
This PhD project is part of the PhD Program Cellular Basis of Diseases (CBD) (https://phd-cbdiseases.i-med.ac.at/ ) at the Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria. The PhD program offers 15 fully...