PhD Studentship: Midlands Mental Health and Neurosciences PhD Programme for Healthcare Professionals
Location: UK Other
Midlands Mental Health and Neurosciences PhD Programme for Healthcare Professionals
The Midlands Mental Health & Neurosciences PhD Programme is led by the University of Nottingham, in collaboration with University of Birmingham, University of Leicester, and University of Warwick, and our local NHS Trusts in the Midlands. We have a range of exciting and diverse PhD 3-year projects at 3 of our Institutions (Leicester, Nottingham & Warwick) for an October 2023 start.
Full information about funding of these projects and application details are available at midlandsmhndtp.ac.uk
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Midlands Mental Health & Neurosciences PhD Programme for Healthcare Professionals:
- must be practicing healthcare professionals, be registered and in good standing with a national professional healthcare regulatory body (for example, the General Medical Council or Health and Care Professions Council) in the UK or Republic of Ireland (ROI)
- must be classed as a Home student for tuition fee purposes, please see UKCISA for guidance if you are unsure
- are required to be fluent in English as will be expected for practising healthcare professionals,
- must be able to demonstrate high academic potential, and
- must be able to demonstrate a strong motivation and commitment to mental health or neuroscience research.
Minimum qualifications and experience to undertake a research degree are detailed in the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education.
You must meet the minimum entry requirements for your chosen institution. Please check institutional websites for requirements: University of Birmingham , University of Leicester , University of Nottingham , University of Warwick
How to apply
Please refer to the Midlands MHN website for full application details: midlandsmhndtp.ac.uk
The deadline for submitting the mandatory expression of interest form is Friday 31st March 2023. Those candidates who meet the full eligibility criteria will be invited to submit a full application form, full details will be provided to candidates from Wednesday 1st February 2023, with a final application submission deadline of Sunday 2nd April 2023. We advise candidates to submit their expression of interest at the earliest convenience to allow more time to submit their full application if invited.
We suggest that you contact the supervisor of the project in which you are interested before submitting an expression of interest.
Interviews will take place in the last two weeks of April 2023. Exact dates to be confirmed.
What happens after interview?
Candidates who are ranked highest at interview will be offered a place on the programme and will be recommended for the PhD position. Successful candidates will then be sent details of how to make the formal application at the project host institution and will be subject to standard admissions checks. The admissions team will then send out formal offer letters and details of how to complete the registration process.