- Reference Number
- PhD Studentship- Trustworthiness
- Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- Department of Psychology
- Contract Duration
- Fixed Term
The aim of this research is to develop a psychometric measure of “trustworthiness” to assess the likelihood that people will pay back loans - an alternative way to underwrite customers.
1) Systematic review; 2) Interviews & focus groups; 3) development of trustworthiness psychometric measure, and definition of factor structure & 4) validation of trustworthiness measure.
The ultimate aim of the psychometric measure is to diminish the dependency on the human underwriter, to apply the model in large scale, particularly digital format.
City, University of London’s Psychology department is ranked 2nd in London (Guardian University Guide 2016), and ranked top 30 in the UK by the QS World University Rankings. More information on a PhD in Psychology can be found at http://www.city.ac.uk/courses/research-degrees/psychology
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people wishing to undertake doctoral research and join a supportive and research active community. Candidates must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge and experience of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and experience in (the development of) psychometric assessments.
You will split your time between the host organisation and the University, working at the host organisation premises 3-4 days per week (based in Central London) and University premises 1-2 days per week.
What is offered:
A doctoral studentship will provide:
• An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2017/18).
• A full tuition fee for UK and EU students. Applications welcome from overseas applicants with arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
Starting date: 2nd October 2017
Duration: 3 years
Applicants are expected to have:
• A Master’s degree from a UK university, or equivalent
• Two written reports from academic referees
• A track record of high academic achievement, relevant to the research topic
• Ability to work independently, with the support of a supervisory team, and the enthusiasm to contribute to a vibrant and stimulating research environment are essential.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Technical skills relevant to qualitative and quantitative research.
Students enrolled in a Masters qualification who expect to complete before October 2017 may apply, but must submit a separate recommendation letter that predicts their expected qualification.
To apply, please email Dr. Lara Zibarras (firstname.lastname@example.org ) with relevant documents. Applications will be accepted until 11.59pm on 15th August.
• An expression of interest cover letter
• Current CV
• A short project proposal (~1000 words) for research relevant to the development of a psychometric measure of any construct
• An example piece of academic writing
• Deadline for applications 11.59pm on 15th August 2017
• Interviews will be held on the 30th and 31st August.
• Awards begin 2nd October 2017
(NB official induction will be in September 2017)
References will be taken up following the interview, submitted via an online application system.
Any questions, please speak to Richard on Richard.Thornbury.email@example.com
Ph D Studentship: Nonlinear Vibration In Vehicular Structures , University College London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
UCL Department / Division Mechanical Engineering Duration of Studentship Four Years Stipend £16,290 per annum Vacancy Information This studentship provides an opportunity for a UK/EU candidate to ...
Ph D Studentship: Towards A Computational Approach At Finite Temperature Polymorph Screening , University College London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
UCL Department / Division Chemical Engineering Duration of Studentship 3 years Stipend Circa £16,785 + fees Vacancy Information The Department of Chemical Engineering at University College London ...