Up to 15 fully-funded 4-year PhD Studentships available starting September 2020
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to transform health and healthcare systems globally, yet few individuals have the required skills and training. To address this challenge, our Centre For Doctoral Training (CDT) in AI-Enabled Healthcare Systems will create a unique interdisciplinary environment to train the brightest and best healthcare artificial intelligence scientists and innovators of the future.
PhD Training Programme
The CDT offers a four year training programme including a research project, a mixture of relevant taught courses delivered by world leading academics from across UCL departments and a PhD project. Throughout this period we will provide world-class training and support, tailored to each student and coupled with a superb professional networking and entrepreneurship training.
Why join us?
- Fully funded 4-year studentship, covering tuition fees, stipend and travel/research support;
- Extensive choice of projects, covering projects in primary and secondary care, in areas including diagnosis, treatment and operations;
- Be supervised by world-leading clinicians and AI researchers in areas related to your research;
- Have the opportunity to not only apply AI to healthcare, but to apply healthcare to AI, generating novel large-scale open datasets driving methodological innovation in AI;
- Work within a real-world setting, embedded within hospitals, allowing you to gain a practical understanding of the value and limitations of the datasets and the translational skills required to put systems into practice;
- Work closely with leading professionals from our NHS and industry partners;
- Tailored training in public engagement, entrepreneurship awareness, responsible innovation and leadership;
- Opportunities for internships or placements with our public/ industry sector partners;
- Study at UCL, which was ranked the top university in the UK for research strength in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (2014) and ranked 10th best university in the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
A degree equivalent to a UK first class honours, or a high upper second class, Physical Sciences (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics) and Clinical/Biomedical Science.
Applicants with a clinical background or degree in Biomedical Science must be able to demonstrate strong computational skills.
CDT studentships fund 4 years of study, covering tuition fees, stipend and travel/research support.
How to apply
Application deadline: We are recruiting in three rounds. We advise applicants apply as soon as possible.
Our final round will close 7 August 2020 with interviews taking place during the week commencing 10th August 2020.
Round two will close 16th February 2020 with interviews expected to take place early March 2020.
Round one will close 5th January 2020. Interviews will be held on the 23rd January 2020.
For more information on the programme and how to apply visit our website: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/aihealth-cdt/information-applicants
Ph D Teaching Assistantships X 2 In The Institute For Risk And Disaster Reduction , University College London, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
UCL Department / Division UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction Location of position London Duration of Studentship 3.5 years Stipend £17,285 in 2020/21 Vacancy Information Applications ar...
Ph D Studentship: Modelling The Performance Of The Instruments Of The Exo Planet Characterization Satellite Ariel , University College London, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
UCL Department / Division UCL Physics and Astronomy Location of position London Duration of Studentship 3.5 years Stipend £17,285 per annum Vacancy Information A 3.5 year PhD position is available...
Ph D Studentship, City University London, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Reference NumberPhD studentship LocationNorthampton Square Map & Directions School / ServiceSchool of Mathematics, Computer Science & EngineeringDepartment-Contract DurationFixed TermHoursFull-t...
Ph D Studentship: Designing A 3 D Printed Bespoke Neck Collar With Embedded Sensors For Real Time Monitoring In People Living With Motor Neurone Disease (Plw Mnd) , University College London, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Division of Surgery & Interventional Science Specific unit / Sub department Research Department of Surgical Biotechnology Location of position London Duration of Students...
Ph D Studentship: Neuronal Basis Of Cross Modal Sensory Integration For Navigation, Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Supervisor: Dr Guifen Chen Funding: SBCS (UK/EU only) Deadline: 15th August 2020 A PhD position is available to start in September 2020 at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) in Dr Guifen Chen'...
Phd Studentship / Teaching Assistantship In: Geophysical Hazard Risks, American Geophysical Union, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
PHD STUDENTSHIP / TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIP IN: GEOPHYSICAL HAZARD RISKS: A geophysical approach to understanding flood hazards University: UCL - Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction Funding for...