At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.ch
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Welcome to the Non-Member State Postdoc Fellowship Programme (Theoretical Physics)
Two postdoctoral fellowships are awarded each year by the Non-Member State Fellowship Programme in Theoretical Physics. The Fellowship is granted for two years and can exceptionally be extended to a third year.
In order to qualify for one of these prestigious Fellowships you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are *not* a national of a CERN Member State. Nationals from CERN Member States (irrespective of their current place of study and/or residence) should apply to the 'standard' Fellowship Programme (http://cern.ch/fell ).
- You have a PhD in Theoretical Physics (or are about to finish your thesis) and are looking for a postdoctoral position.
- You have a maximum of 10 years' research experience after completion of the degree which gives access to doctoral programmes (MSc or equivalent).
- Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between 6 months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,039 to 7,994 Swiss Francs per month (stipends are calculated individually, are competitive and net of tax).
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A scanned PDF of your most recent (highest) qualification.
- A statement of research interests (maximum 1 page).
- Three recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications) giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. This should be as broad as possible.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
You will also be asked to name:
- The 5 most important publications to which you have made a significant contribution.
- 5 international conferences or workshops at which you have given presentations.
- 3 experiments you have participated in.
- 5 public or internal notes to which you have contributed personally.
All applications should normally reach us no later than 15.10.2018.
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.
Please note that all the documents you upload will remain attached to your Smartrecruiters profile. You do not need to upload them again for other applications you might submit.
Ph D Candidate For Developing, Modelling And Optimising New Concepts For Ultra Fast, High Power Pulse Generators , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
100%, Zurich, temporary The Laboratory for High Power Electronic Systems (HPE) at the Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering performs international leading research on pow...
Kupe Scholarships For Maori And Pasifika High Achievers, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
Closing date: You will be able to apply for a Kupe Scholarship again from 6th December! Value of Award: $15,000 over 3 years plus course fees No. of awards: 30 Tenure: Three years Our scholarships...
Doctoral Assistant, Competition Law, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 4 hours ago
The Faculty of Law is seeking to fill a full-time (100 %) vacancy for a Doctoral assistant in the area of competition law, with a focus on developments in the sharing and platform economy Job desc...
Teach Nz Te Huawhiti Career Changer Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
Closing date: You will be able to apply for a Te Huawhiti Career Changer Scholarship again from 6th December! Value of Award: Fees plus $30,000 per year No. of awards: 85 Tenure: limited to three ...
Ph D Position In Knowledge Representation And Reasoning, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Are you looking for a PhD position where you can use your mathematical skills to improve how AI systems represent and reason with knowledge about the world and other AI systems? Are you excited ab...
Zuk Onnect Fellowship, Zukunftskolleg, University of Konstanz, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Aim The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnn...