SUNUM is a Nanotechnology Research and Application Centre hosted by Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey. It is one of four Centers in the country that have recently been granted a special endorsement by the Turkish Ministry of Development as a National Research Centre of Excellence.
Its research focus is the intersection of four vertical thematic areas; namely, Life Sciences, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Water & Environment with the horizontal theme of Nanomaterials and Nanosystems.
SUNUM's mission is to excel as a Centre of Excellence for multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary Nanotechnology research and development studies, offering global nano-technological solutions to societal challenges, creating socio-economic added-value through commercialization of research results by exploiting synergies and long-term strategic partnerships with stakeholders while contributing to the training of high caliber researchers.
Further details about the Center and its research activities can be found at https://sunum.sabanciuniv.edu/
SUNUM is looking for Master/Ph.D. student(s) and a post-doctoral researcher who will work on a research project funded by “The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) through 2232-International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Programme” in the field of composite science and engineering to design, develop, produce, characterise and test metal nanofiller-based advanced polymer matrix composites for textile/paper/surface coating applications. More specifically the project will be exploring fine size/shape tuning of nanofillers in a novel manufacturing process. This project is well suited to self-motivated and hard-working candidates with a keen interest in nanomaterials, materials chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer composites and advanced characterization/test techniques. Applications to the positions are invited from students with an appropriate background in physics, chemical engineering, materials science or chemistry, or similar, with an interest in nanomaterials and polymers.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design of a sophisticated flow-reactor and its daily use for nanocomposite manufacturing,
- Optimizing the growth conditions of nanofillers in a flow system,
- Structural, electrical, mechanical and optical characterizations of the prepared composites,
- Preparation of composite films and fibers for targeted applications,
- Investigating 3D-printing properties of composite materials,
- Antimicrobial tests of prepared composite materials,
- Preparing interim reports for the project,
- Publishing results in refereed journals and making oral presentations at meetings/conferences.
- Post-doctoral researcher should have extensive experimental experience in polymer composite manufacturing and characterization with proven publication record, nanomaterials science, thin film deposition techniques and fiber production. She/he should be keen on learning new concepts such as theoretical modelling, electrospinning, 3D-printing, antimicrobial tests and instrument programming etc.
- PhD candidate should have a significant experience in nanomaterials synthesis, characterization and processing. She/he should be keen on learning new concepts theoretical modelling, electrospinning, 3D-printing, antimicrobial tests and instrument programming etc.
- Master candidate should have an experience in nanomaterials synthesis, characterization and processing and should be keen on learning new concepts.
- Self-motivated and open for learning
- Ability to work independently or in groups
- Experience in creative problem solving and innovative solutions
- Strong oral written communication skills are prerequisite
- The candidates expected to collaborate with scientist at SUNUM, Sabancı University (SU) and the other likely national/international collaborators.
- Bright motivated applicants who have a BSc/MSc and Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or related disciplines.
Qualified candidates from all nationalities are invited to apply with a detail curriculum vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with e-mail subject “fellowship positions in composite science and engineering”
If you are a Ph.D. or Master student just recently enrolled in a related graduate program in Turkey, you may also work in the research project. Please feel free to directly send an email to “email@example.com ” with e-mail subject “fellowship positions in composite science and engineering” for more detailed information concerning the open positions.
Application Deadline April 15, 2020 (only for Master and Ph.D. programs)
The research project will be funded for 3 years, but the researchers will be supported for up to 4 years.
-Master Scholarship: 3500 TL per month
-Ph.D. Scholarship: 4500 TL per month
-Postdoctoral Researcher Scholarship: 6000 TL per month
- A tuition waiver and free accommodation at student dormitories will be provided by Sabancı University.
Ph D In Experimental Physics With Focus On Nanostructured Materials For Energy Related Applications, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, 9 days ago
Luleå University of Technology is experiencing strong growth with world leading competence in several areas of research. Our research is conducted in close collaboration with industries such as Bo...
Doctoral Researcher (Functional Nanomaterials) / Väitöskirjatutkija (Toiminnalliset ..., Tampere University, Findland, about 19 hours ago
Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences create a unique environment for multidisciplinary, inspirational and high-impact research and education. Our universities community ha...
Postdoc Position On Damage Assessment, Fatigue And Durability Of Lightweight Materials, Empa, Switzerland, about 17 hours ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Two Doctoral Students In Polymer Technology With Focus On Biobased Polymers (Pa2020/1771), University of Lund, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Mal...
Ph D Student In Soft Neural Interfaces, Linköping University, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...
Masters By Research Or Ph D Scholarships In Chemical Engineering, Monash University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Masters by Research or PhD Scholarships in Chemical Engineering Job No.: 607156 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Masters: 2-year fixed-term appointment PhD: 3.5-year f...