The Fondazione Edmund Mach is looking for:
- N. 1 (one) temporary position for 20 months* as Fourth level researcher (R4) in the field of food science and technology (313_CRI_FST) - deadline for application May 19, 2022.
Research and Innovation Centre – Unit of Sensory Quality – Line Manager for the position: Franco Biasioli, PhD.
* The position is offered within the EU Project “Sisters“ and the duration of the contract is limited to the duration of the project itself. The contract cannot exceed the actual project end date of December 15th, 2023 (the duration of the contract will eventually be reduced so as not to exceed the stated date).
The resource will be assigned to the Sensory Quality Unit and will deal with the instrumental characterization of agri-food samples within the framework of the SISTERS project (cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101037796/) which proposes a set of systemic innovations aimed at reducing Food Loss and Waste generated in every stage of the Food Value Chain.
More in detail, the resource will deal with the characterization of the quality of the products studied with physical (texture analyzer, electronic eye, colorimeter, spectrophotometer) and chemical (gas chromatography and mass spectrometry for direct injection) methodologies. S/he will also be involved in the collaboration with other researchers active in the sensory and microbiological characterization of the products of the SISTERS project.
The resource will also contribute to the planning of experiments, data analysis, report production and scientific and technical dissemination activities.
Under the supervision of the PI, the selected researcher will deal with:
- interaction with partners and management of the experimental tests foreseen by the SISTERS project;
- characterization of the quality of the products developed in the SISTERS project with physical and chemical methods: texture analyzer, electronic eye, analysis of volatile compounds (gas chromatography and Proton Transfer Reaction Mass Spectrometry);
- collaboration with researchers and technologists involved in the SISTERS project to evaluate the data obtained in relation to sensory and microbiological properties;
- interaction with external companies in charge of analyzing the samples of the SISTERS project;
- data analysis and report preparation;
- dissemination of results (project meetings, national and international conferences, scientific and technical publications).
2 Ph D Positions In Redox Efficient Phosphorus Chemistry , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 23 days ago
Phosphorus is essential for life on Earth and plays a prominent role in modern science and technology, where organophosphorus compounds are of immense importance for their wide-ranging application...
2 Ph D Positions On The (Electro)Chemical Recycling Of Solid Hydrogen Carriers , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 19 days ago
Hydrogen is becoming one of the key energy carriers for the future to deal with the challenge of climate change and achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, also because it can help to compensate...
Ph D Candidate At Fhml Nutrim / Dept. Of Pharmacology And Toxicology For Assessing The Safety Of Lab Grown Dairy Proteins, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 23 days ago
PhD-candidate at FHML-NUTRIM / dept. of Pharmacology and Toxicology for Assessing the safety of lab-grown dairy proteins PhD-candidate at FHML-NUTRIM / dept. of Pharmacology and Toxicology for Ass...
Ph D: Ultrasound Assisted Encapsulation, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-416) Laatst aangepast : 16/06/2022 KU Leuven, ranking among the top 50 universities worldwide, is an institution for research and education with international appeal. All programs a...
Ph D Fellowship In Food Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to green transition by developing novel strategies to obtain healthy food ingredients, and meanwhile obtain a PhD degree in an international environment? Then this may be...
Ph D Position In Homogeneous Catalysis , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Are you interested in supramolecular chemistry, catalysis, and sustainable chemistry? Are you looking for a challenging PhD project, then we may have the ideal position for you. In the HomKat-grou...