CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion.
In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3319 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Your future Life @CERN
Get a glimpse of what it’s like to work at CERN: https://careers.cern/benefits and https://careers.cern/our-people
Here are few tips to start you off:
- Be as specific as possible in the application fields “Education” and “Experience”.
- We recommend you prepare your answers in Word or Notepad in advance, as once you start completing the application on Smartrecruiters, you have a limited time to submit it.
- If you apply to more than one job, you will need to upload the documents for each application you submit.
Check out our dedicated pages for more information.
You will need the following documents, clearly labelled (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have one from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
You may upload the reference letter yourself, whilst submitting your application, or through your referee via the link you will receive shortly after submitting your application.
Your application along with all supporting documents should reach us no later than 19th October 2020 (12pm CET). Please note that your application may also be shared during the process with a panel of national experts for evaluation purposes. Ultimately, it will be reviewed by a panel of CERN experts who will meet in December 2020.
Doctoral Studentship, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Research Center Description At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and m...
Ph D Position In Power Electronics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
About the position The Department of Electric Power Engineering (IEL) at NTNU and CERN the European Organisation for Particle Physics have a vacancy for a full-time 100% position (3 years) as a P...
Ph D Candidate In Experimental Particle Physics (32 40 Hours Per Week), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
32 - 40 hours per week Maximum gross monthly salary: € 3,061 Faculty of Science Required background: Research University Degree Duration of the contract: 4 or 5 years Application deadline: 10 Dece...
Ph D Fellowship Fundamental Research, Ghent University, Belgium, 3 days ago
The PhD Fellowship fundamental research is the most important funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships,...
Ph D Position In Power Electronics: Diagnostics And Prognostics For Power Electronics Converters In Large Scale Accelerator Facilities , NTNU, Norway, about 24 hours ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder In The Field Of Noncommutative Algebraic Geometry And Algebraic Topology , University of Antwerp, Belgium, 6 days ago
Department : Department of Mathematics Regime : Full-time The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 ...