Senior Procurement and Supply Management Expert
Position based in Basel –Switzerland
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research work in international health.
The Systems Performance and Monitoring Unit is seeking applications for the following position based in Basel: Senior Procurement and Supply Management Expert
- Technical: assess systems for the management of health and non-health products (procurement, storage, distribution and information systems, etc.) for different donors; review of quantification and specifications of pharmaceuticals and health and non-health products and equipment to be procured
- Managerial: identify, acquire and ensure leadership of (short term) mandates in relation with the procurement and supply management (PSM) expertise with oversight of a potential small team of experts
- Formal qualification in pharmacy or a health related field (Master degree level) required. A postgraduate training in PSM of health products, logistics and/or public health, or a MBA is an asset
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in managing or advising on the procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries with expertise in:
(ii) the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process
(iii) supply chain/logistics management systems
(iv) quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs
(v) a good understanding of AIDS, TB, malaria market dynamics and existing global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement and supply management practices, applicable national and international laws and recognised standards
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience, preferably in the health sector with:
(ii) ability to attract and acquire short term mandates with different donors
(iii) strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents; strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials; experience in proposal writing is an asset
- Excellent command of English AND French (speaking & writing) required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is an asset
An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal based on performance.
Application / Contact
- CV in English (maximum 3 pages)
- Names and contact information (email or phone) of 3 references
The deadline for applications is 31 October 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview, the recruitment for the position will be finalized by end of November 2019.
For further information, please visit our website https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/scih/
Ph D Positions On Controlling Legionella In Building Plumbing Systems, ETH, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Energy- / Water Economics Functional Area Research & Development Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 as agreed upon ...
Doctoral Position In Cartography / Gis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 16 hours ago
100%, Zurich, temporary The Institute of Cartography and Geoinformation (IKG) is one of the oldest university institutes in cartography world-wide. The Chair of Cartography conducts research in th...
Doctoral Position In Cartography / Gis, ETH, Switzerland, 39 minutes ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Geo Sciences Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich & S...
Two Ph D Student Positions In Long Term Forest Dynamics , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
100%, Zurich, temporary The Forest Ecology Group at ETH Zurich is a dynamic interdisciplinary research team that examines both theoretical and applied questions in forest ecology using a combinati...
Ph D Position On Food Webs In Aquatic Systems, ETH, Switzerland, about 7 hours ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Energy- / Water Economics Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 as agreed...
Ph D Position: Directional 3 D Nanofiber Network To Mimic In Vivo Myocardial Syncytium, Swiss Nanoscience Institute (SNI), Germany, 26 days ago