The research group of Visceral Surgery and Precision Medicine, under the guidance of Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio, is based at the Department of Biomedicine, Basel, Switzerland. The main focus of the laboratory is the use a combination of multi-omics approaches and in silico prediction to identify and characterize prognostic and/ or predictive biomarkers, and to understand the important genetic alterations and their interaction that contribute to the development of cancer. Our group is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to join our team of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, pathologists and surgery fellows
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop, apply and optimize cutting-edge bioinformatics methods, in particular those for massively parallel sequencing, to further our understanding of cancer biology. The candidate will have the flexibility to develop and lead their own projects within the scope of the areas of interest within the laboratory. The candidate will also assist in the supervision of PhD students.
- PhD in genetics, biology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computational biology or related discipline
- proven experience with next-generation sequencing analysis and genomics
- strong computational and/or statistical skills.
- understanding of cancer biology and experience with cancer genomics
- ability to work independently, being a team player and ability to collaborate with researchers from various backgrounds
- good organizational skills; demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in parallel
- highly competitive salary in line with Swiss National Science Foundation scale
- a supportive and dynamic environment, excellent computational resources and modern equipment supporting you in every aspect of your scientific work. Basel is an international city and represents an important life sciences hub in Europe
The working language of our group is English. Knowledge of German is useful but not required.
Earliest starting date is August 1st, 2022.
Application / Contact
Please send your informal enquiries and/or complete application (CV, letter of motivation, contact information of references) to Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Ph D Position Within The Department Of Chemistry, University Of Basel , University of Basel, Switzerland, 11 days ago
A PhD position is opening in the Department of Chemistry within the Delley research group at the University of Basel (https://delley.chemie.unibas.ch/en/ ). This position is associated with the Na...
Ph D Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
The Leibniz Institute of Virology (LIV), is committed to research on the biology of different human viruses as well as the pathogenesis of viral diseases. The Institute offers the opportunity to p...
Ph D Position Spatiotemporal Drivers Of Metastasis , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 21 hours ago
Bone Sarcoma Research Laboratory, Balgrist University Hospital PhD Position - Spatiotemporal drivers of metastasis 100 % The laboratory of Didier Surdez (Bone Sarcoma Research Laboratory) at the Un...
Ph D Opportunity In Psychology And Biomedical Ethics , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 10 hours ago
PhD Opportunity in Psychology and Biomedical Ethics (100%) The Faculty of Psychology and the Institute for Biomedical Ethics at the University of Basel (IBMB), Switzerland, are starting a collabor...
Ph D Opportunity In Biomedical Ethics (Animal Ethics Implement 3 R) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 10 days ago
The Institute for Biomedical Ethics at the University of Basel (IBMB), Switzerland (http://ibmb.unibas.ch/ ), is dedicated to research and teaching of biomedical ethics at the Medical and Science ...
Ph D Student (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 16 hours ago
At the University of Göttingen, a new Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1528 “Cognition of Interaction” will be established with funding from the German Research Foundation (DFG). In 22 projects...