Postdoc Position: Impact of anesthetics on bone sarcoma metastasis
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and independent post-doc candidate (for 2 years) willing to investigate and decipher the mechanisms of anesthetics (lidocaine, methylnaltrexone) on tumor metastasis using in vitro and in vivo models of pediatric and adolescent bone sarcoma (Osteosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma). The candidate will work in a newly established lab at the Balgrist campus (Surdez lab) and will benefit from state-of-the-art facilities and animal models (PDX) as well as access to patient material from the Balgrist University hospital.
You will be responsible for conducting experiments under close supervision of Prof. D. Surdez and Prof. em. A. Borgeat. The post-doc will generate solid proof-of-concept data for anti-metastatic properties of anesthetics in bone sarcoma cellular models (adhesion and 2D/3D migration assays). She/he will also decipher the underlying mechanisms of action of anesthetics using transcriptomic and/or epigenetic approaches and perform molecular and cellular validation studies. Metastatic properties of bone sarcoma PDX models will be characterized using modern imaging methods (MRI) and anti-metastatic properties of anesthetics will be evaluated in these models.
- PhD (related to this project)
- Strong background in molecular/cellular techniques
- in vivo experimentation with mice (animal experimentation certificate)
Advantage but not a must:
- Experience with fluorescent or live-cell microscopy and confocal microscopy
- Knowledge on common statistics, bioinformatics programing and NGS data analyses
- Surdez et al., STAG2 mutations alter CTCF-anchored loop extrusion, reduce cis-regulatory interactions and EWSR1-FLI1 activity in Ewing sarcoma. Cancer Cell (in press, April 29th)
- D'Agostino et al., Lidocaine inhibits cytoskeletal remodelling and human breast cancer cell migration. Br J Anaesth. (2018)
- Piegeler et al., Endothelial barrier protection by local anesthetics: ropivacaine and lidocaine block -tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced endothelial cell Src activation. Anesthesiology (2014)
- Piegeler et al., Antimetastatic potential of amide-linked local anesthetics: inhibition of lung adenocarcinoma cell migration and inflammatory Src signaling independent of sodium channel blockade. Anesthesiology (2012)
What we offer
The Balgrist University Hospital of Zurich offers a future-oriented work environment with attractive employment conditions. The position is financed by third-party funds and foreseen for one+one years (second year funding will depend on proof-of-concept results).
Place of work
Balgrist Campus, Balgrist University Hospital Zurich
Start of employment
Employment start date to be mutually agreed (position is available immediately).
Please apply via our job portal www.jobs.uzh.ch
Please send CV and 1-2 recommendation letters to email@example.com
UZH on social media
Ph D In Advanced Microscopy Of Supra Assemblies Regulating Cell Growth, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, 25 days ago
Ours is an interdisciplinary research in the frontier of cell biology, biophysics, computational modelling and structural biology. We develop methods of fluorescence microscopy that allow the stru...
Ph D Student Position In The Laboratory Of Cell Biology, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, about 1 month ago
Laboratory of Cell Biology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Marta Miączyńska is looking for a PhD student. You will join the project en...
I Ns T Ru Ct: Call For Applications From Early Stage Researcher For Doctoral (Ph D) Training Position In..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, Belgium, 10 days ago
INsTRuCT is an Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 Programme. The INsTRuCT Consortium is a research network of leading European scientists from academia and...
Ph D Project: Unraveling Metabolic Targets For Potentiating Cd8+ T Cell Function In Metastatic..., KU Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Metastatic melanoma represents a highly deadly disease with a 10-year survival rate of less than 10%. Activation of the endogenous immune system through immunotherapy has become a standard of care...
Postdoctoral Position In Function And Regulation Of Muscle Stem Cells, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, 10 days ago
Available position for a postdoctoral fellow to study function and regulation of stem cell aging. We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious experimental biologists to join our research tea...
Postdoctoral Position In Cancer Immunology , University of Basel, Switzerland, 4 days ago
Postdoctoral Position in Cancer Immunology 100% (immediately) The childhood leukemia research group is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to complement our team at the Department of Bi...