Within the Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology Group (Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb) we are looking for a PhD- student.
The position is limited to four years and is scheduled to begin in August 2019 (or later). The main tasks of the PhD-students include teaching (2 hours/week), planning and performing studies in our virtual reality lab, analyses of epidemiological data and the application of machine larning methods in epidemiology and virtual reality. Thus, the doctoral thesis is supposed to be prepared in the field of epidemiology, machine learning and virtual reality in the field of our major research focus: the development of mental disorders (anxiety, affective disorders).
- Teaching undergraduate students (2 hours/weeek)
- Recruitment and assessment of patients and non-clinical samples
- Supervision and development of our virtual reality lab
- Data collection and management
- Analysis of epidemiological data sets
- Applying machine learning methods in epidemiological and virtual reality data sets
- Writing scientific publications
- Presenting findings at national and international conferences
- Excellent degree in Psychology (Master or Diplom)
- Excellent English and German
- An excellent foundation in research methodology and research statistics related to epidemiological, machine learning and experimental designs
- Experience in the implementation of empirical studies (recruitment of study participants, data preparation, data analysis, etc.)
- Great interest in scientific writing and publications
- Experience in one or all of the following methods: electroencephalography (EEG), virtual reality, electrodermal activity (EDA)
- Interest in clinical psychological and epidemiology
- Technical understanding
We offer you
- PhD- position for 4 years
- A supportive and stimulating research environment, excellent training opportunities, and modern equipment supporting you to complete your doctoral thesis
- Teaching possibilities
- Diverse contacts to students, clinical collaborators and research partners
Application / Contact
Please send your application by June, 20th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject «Application for PhD-Position». Address your application to Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb as a single
pdf file including letter of interest, CV, copy of degrees, two letters of recommendation, etc.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview and presentation of their Master thesis to take place in Basel in July. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Ph D Position On Acceptance Of Connected Automated Vehicles (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
The Psychology Department of the University of Groningen offers a PhD position, which is part of the project: “SUaaVE: Supporting Acceptance of Autonomous Vehicles”. The project is aimed at studyi...
Fully Funded Ph D Scholarship Machine Learning..., University of Sussex, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
A 3-year fully-funded PhD position is available in the Wearable Technologies Lab at the University of Sussex (UK). The research topic is on "Machine learning for human activity recognition" and th...
Ph D Virtual Reality Assessment Of Pedestrian And Cyclist Interaction With Automated Vehicles (3m E19 53), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
PhD - Virtual reality assessment of pedestrian and cyclist interaction with automated vehicles Department/faculty: Faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering Level: University Graduate...
Postdoctoral Position In Computational Biostatistics , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 9 hours ago
Department of Biostatistics at the Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention Institute of the University of Zurich (UZH) Postdoctoral Position in Computational Biostatistics 100 % The Department ...
Ph D Position In Machine Learning For Engineering Of Therapeutic Proteins, ETH, Switzerland, 11 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Other Salary CHF 0 / Entry date June 4, 2019 immediately Region Switzerland - B...
Ph D And Post Doc Positions In 3 D Machine Learning / 3 D Vision (Dr. Dai) , Technische Universität München, Germany, about 1 hour ago
24.06.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal The 3D Understanding Group at the Technical University of Munich is looking for highly motivated PhD students and PostDocs at the intersection of computer v...