Within the Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology Group (Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb) we are looking for a PhD- student.
The position is limited to four years and is scheduled to begin in August 2019 (or later). The main tasks of the PhD-students include teaching (2 hours/week), planning and performing studies in our virtual reality lab, analyses of epidemiological data and the application of machine larning methods in epidemiology and virtual reality. Thus, the doctoral thesis is supposed to be prepared in the field of epidemiology, machine learning and virtual reality in the field of our major research focus: the development of mental disorders (anxiety, affective disorders).
- Teaching undergraduate students (2 hours/weeek)
- Recruitment and assessment of patients and non-clinical samples
- Supervision and development of our virtual reality lab
- Data collection and management
- Analysis of epidemiological data sets
- Applying machine learning methods in epidemiological and virtual reality data sets
- Writing scientific publications
- Presenting findings at national and international conferences
- Excellent degree in Psychology (Master or Diplom)
- Excellent English and German
- An excellent foundation in research methodology and research statistics related to epidemiological, machine learning and experimental designs
- Experience in the implementation of empirical studies (recruitment of study participants, data preparation, data analysis, etc.)
- Great interest in scientific writing and publications
- Experience in one or all of the following methods: electroencephalography (EEG), virtual reality, electrodermal activity (EDA)
- Interest in clinical psychological and epidemiology
- Technical understanding
We offer you
- PhD- position for 4 years
- A supportive and stimulating research environment, excellent training opportunities, and modern equipment supporting you to complete your doctoral thesis
- Teaching possibilities
- Diverse contacts to students, clinical collaborators and research partners
Application / Contact
Please send your application by June, 20th, 2019 to email@example.com with the subject «Application for PhD-Position». Address your application to Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb as a single
pdf file including letter of interest, CV, copy of degrees, two letters of recommendation, etc.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview and presentation of their Master thesis to take place in Basel in July. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph D Sudent "Virtual Reality", ETH, Switzerland, 12 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Design, Media & Creative Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland ...
Ph D Sudent "Virtual Reality", ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 12 days ago
The Innovation Center Virtual Reality at ETH Zurich is offering a PhD position within an international research project, in which also industry is involved. The goal is to develop a Virtual Realit...
Ph D Scholarship In Accurate And Fast Auditory Virtual Reality Implementation, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 14 days ago
We are looking for a promising candidate, with an interest in the science of acoustics, to start a PhD project on auditory virtual reality implementation. The project will be based on accurate roo...
Ph D Position In Theory Of Machine Learning , Technische Universität München, Germany, about 23 hours ago
09.09.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal The group of Theoretical Foundations of Artificial Intelligence at TUM Department of Informatics invites applications for the position of a full-time Resear...
Ph D Student – Computational Cancer Biology, St. Anna Kinderkrebsforschung e.V., Austria, 2 days ago
PhD student – Computational Cancer Biology We are recruiting a PhD candidate looking to pursue a career in computational cancer biology. Our group (https://science.ccri.at/research/research-areas/...
Ph D Scholarship In Machine Learning For Embedded Io T Sensors / Fpga Design, University College Dublin, Ireland, 27 days ago
Health care expenditure has been drastically increasing worldwide over the past several years, due to an aging population and chronic conditions. Continuous and pro-active monitoring of vital heal...