In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
20%, Zurich, fixed-term
As a part of Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences (GESS), the Professorship of Computational Social Science focuses on connecting social science questions with computational methods. The research focus has quickly moved from studying pedestrian crowds and vehicle traffic to social coordination, cooperation, norms, crime and conflict as well as collective opinion formation and the wisdom of crowds. The analysis of (big) data, cultural science, the creation of self-organizing systems, innovation, the digital society, combining Blockchain with the Internet of Things (“Finance 4.0”), and infusing collective intelligence and digital democracy into smart cities, are our most recent subjects of interest.
We, the Professorship of Computational Social Science, are looking for a committed and perfectionistic student assistant who would support us in web content management, social media presence, small graphic design tasks, video cutting, and other administrative work such as organizing and running workshops. The salary is in accordance with ETH standards .
- Archiving materials
- Regularly updating the website of the Professorship (www.coss.ethz.ch ) with media responses, talks, courses etc. (using a user-friendly Content Management System from Adobe)
- Cutting and basic editing of videos and uploading them on YouTube
- Posting content on ResearchGate, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogspot etc.
- Supporting communication activities
- Helping with organisation of events such as workshops, hackathons, etc.
- Searching for Creative Commons photos and videos for presentations, adding captions
- Creating graphic design such as posters for events
- Producing illustrations/visualisations (logos, book covers etc.)
- Updating lists of research publications (using Google Scholar, ETH Research Collection…)
- Other administrative support
- Student at ETH Zurich or University of Zurich
- Experience with social media administration
- Experience with web content management (foremost Wordpress)
- Experiences with Adobe Illustrator/InDesign or alternative editors needed
- Advanced use of MS Office required
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Highly organized, showing attention to detail and capable of prioritizing high volumes of tasks
- Confidentiality, reliability and loyalty
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
International Ph D Programs In The Life Sciences (# Of Pos: 30), ETH Zurich and University of Zurich, Switzerland, 21 days ago
What is the Life Science Zurich Graduate School? The Life Science Zurich Graduate School consists of several highly competitive PhD programs. We are run jointly by the ETH Zurich and the Universit...
Two Doctoral Positions In Urban Science; Measuring And Modeling Human Behavior In Cities (# Of Pos: 2), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 4 days ago
Two doctoral positions in urban science; measuring and modeling human behavior in cities The Chair for Planning of Landscape and Urban Systems (PLUS) at the Institute for Spatial and Landscape Dev...
Postdoctoral Position – Modelling Of Power Markets, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 8 days ago
The Laboratory for Energy Conversion at the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering is offering a position as a postdoctoral assistant in the field of modelling electricity markets. Proje...
Ph D Position On Spatio Temporal Statistical Analysis Of Air Temperature In Complex Terrain, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 29 days ago
The climate section of MeteoSwiss is a committed group of climate scientists. It engages in the development of modern data services and the provision of public information about the climate of Swi...
Researcher, Agropolitan Territories (2 Years, Extendable For Ph D), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 29 days ago
Future Cities Lab (FCL) is a research unit of the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) and ETH Zurich established in partnership with Singapore’s National Research Foundation (NRF), Nanyang Technological Un...
Postdoctoral Positions In Climate Modeling And Data Science, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 17 days ago
We invite applications for several full-time positions at the Postdoc or Senior Postdoc level in the Climate Physics group of Prof. Reto Knutti and Dr. Erich Fischer at the Institute for Atmospher...