Mitigating risk in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic
In response to the current Covid-19 crisis, the AXA Research Fund is launching aflash call for projects. Projects should focus on:
- Protecting vulnerable populations from epidemics and catastrophes, including COVID-19: be it migrants, informal settlements, workers in the informal economy, isolated people, people with disabilities, the elderly
- Improving data collection and quality in health: how can data and technology help us get out of the crisis, understand it and mitigate it? How can it inform future containment and epidemic control?
- Understanding the effects of confinement and social distancing: what are the effects of confinement and social distancing on society and households? What are the mental health consequences? The social and domestic repercussions?
- Early warning and preparedness: how do we re-enforce our health infrastructure and ecosystem (including medical devices and drug supply) to be better prepared and how do we protect our health workers and caregivers?
- Preserving the environment and our health: connections between climate change, biodiversity loss and the origin of viral disease including socioeconomic dynamics leading to infectious disease outbreaks and sanitary crisis; Learnings from COVID-19 for mitigating future related crises in climate and biodiversity
The AXA grant aims at supporting mid-career researchers. Candidates must have defended their PhD between 7 November 2010 and 7 May 2014.
Important: The number of applications is limited to one application per institute/department/clinic of UZH. Candidates cannot submit directly to the AXA RF, they must submit their application by 6 May 2020 at the latest to the UZH Grants Office (email@example.com). If multiple applications per institute/department/clinic are submitted, the UZH Grants Office will forward the application that was received first.
Download application guidelines
Postdoctoral Position In Computational Social Science , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 23 hours ago
09.10.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal The TUM Chair for International Relations (Prof. Dr. Tim Büthe) invites applications for a one year postdoctoral research position in computational social s...
2 Ph D Fellowships In Ai Inspired Molecular Communications Technology To Treat Infectious Diseases (# Of Pos: 2), Oslo University Hospital, Norway, 18 days ago
About the Section for Medical ICT Research at the Oslo University Hospital The Section for Medical ICT Research at the Oslo University Hospital has 2 fulltime PhD Research Fellows (http://www.ivs....
Ph D Student Emissions And Air Quality Modelling (R1), BARCELONA SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER, Spain, 17 days ago
The Atmospheric Composition group from the Earth Science department at the BSC-CNS is looking for an eligible candidate to fill a PhD student position on the topic of emissions and air quality mod...
Senior Student Counsellor, Massey University, New Zealand, 10 days ago
Wellness Service Students and Global Engagement Wellington SGE_WS_513_09/20 Professional Grade 6 60140 - 85499 Students and Global Engagement Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Due to ...
3 Available Ph D Positions And 1 Available Post Doc Position Within Nanomedicine , NTNU, Norway, 17 days ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Ph D Researcher In Robotics And Clinical Intelligence For Neurorehabilitation (H1033) , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 4 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Singapore, temporary ETH Zurich is on...