Mitigating risk in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic
In response to the current Covid-19 crisis, the AXA Research Fund is launching aflash call for projects. Projects should focus on:
- Protecting vulnerable populations from epidemics and catastrophes, including COVID-19: be it migrants, informal settlements, workers in the informal economy, isolated people, people with disabilities, the elderly
- Improving data collection and quality in health: how can data and technology help us get out of the crisis, understand it and mitigate it? How can it inform future containment and epidemic control?
- Understanding the effects of confinement and social distancing: what are the effects of confinement and social distancing on society and households? What are the mental health consequences? The social and domestic repercussions?
- Early warning and preparedness: how do we re-enforce our health infrastructure and ecosystem (including medical devices and drug supply) to be better prepared and how do we protect our health workers and caregivers?
- Preserving the environment and our health: connections between climate change, biodiversity loss and the origin of viral disease including socioeconomic dynamics leading to infectious disease outbreaks and sanitary crisis; Learnings from COVID-19 for mitigating future related crises in climate and biodiversity
The AXA grant aims at supporting mid-career researchers. Candidates must have defended their PhD between 7 November 2010 and 7 May 2014.
Important: The number of applications is limited to one application per institute/department/clinic of UZH. Candidates cannot submit directly to the AXA RF, they must submit their application by 6 May 2020 at the latest to the UZH Grants Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If multiple applications per institute/department/clinic are submitted, the UZH Grants Office will forward the application that was received first.
Download application guidelines
Ph D Research Fellowship In Digital Disease Surveillance (Ref 199999), University of Oslo, Norway, 20 days ago
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has shown the importance of disease surveillance. Disease surveillance entails monitoring the spread of disease to predict, observe, and minimize the harm of disease ...
Ph D Student Department Of Public Health And Primary Care, Ghent University, Belgium, 27 days ago
Last application date Feb 19, 2021 00:00 Department GE39 - Department of Public Health and Primary Care Contract Limited duration Degree Master of Medicine, Master in Statistics, Master in Biomedi...
Ph D Or Postdoc In Human Rights Law, Hasselt University, Belgium, 10 days ago
Hasselt University is recruiting for a remunerated PhD or postdoctoral position on the inter-university and multidisciplinary research project Future-proofing Human Rights: Developing Thicker Form...
Ph D The Challenges And Opportunities Of Modern Team Arrangements (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Project description Important developments, such as the COVID-19 pandemic as well as societal and technological changes, have strongly impacted the way employees work together in organisational wo...
Ph D Position At D@S Lab: Human Ai Collaboration In Video Based Design Research, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
TU Delft is a top tier university and is exceedingly active in the field of Artificial intelligence. The mission of the Design at Scale (D@S) Lab is to bring together TU-Delft expertise in Design ...
Postdoc Position In Modelling Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement Strategies And Ocean Resilience Patterns From Biodiversity Data, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
A postdoc position, initially for two years, with start from 1 May 2021 or as soon as possible after that, is offered at the Department of Biology , University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark...