The Administrative Student Programme is aimed at undergraduate students specializing in administration, to spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on home.cern .
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Imagine getting involved in work that is changing the world and imagine doing it before you've left university. Imagine working in an international environment and having a great quality of life.
Take part in CERN's Administrative Student Programme!
There's no better way to learn than on-the-job. When that job happens to be in a world-famous organisation and centre of scientific excellence, even better. If you're an undergraduate in Administration and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend 2 to 12 months at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master). If your university requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva.
It could be in any of the following disciplines: translation, human resources, advanced secretarial work, business administration, logistics, law, finance, accounting, library and information science, engineering management, science communication, education, audiovisual, communication and public relations, psychology, audit are but a few examples of the many domains in which successful applicants will learn and contribute their knowledge.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State .
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master's)specialising in an administrative field at the time of the next student committee taking place in May 2020.
- You can stay for at least 2 and at most 12 months while remaining registered as a full-time student.
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
- Please note that in case you are studying in a technical field, you are not eligible to apply for this position. Instead, please consider applying for the CERN Technical Student programme .
During your internship, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 2 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN's comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Here are few tips to start you off and prepare your application:
- Be as specific as possible in the application fields "Education" and "Experience".
- We recommend you prepare your answers in Word or Notepad in advance, as once you start completing the application on Smartrecruiters, you have a limited time to submit it.
- If you apply to more than one job, you will need to upload the documents for each application you submit.
You will need the following documents, clearly labelled (e.g. "CV", "Motivation letter", "Academic transcript", etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have one from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
Make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.
You may upload the reference letter yourself, whilst submitting your application, or through your referee via the link you will receive shortly after submitting your application.
Your application along with all supporting documents should reach us no later than 25 March 2020. Please note that your application may also be shared during the process with a panel of national experts for evaluation purposes. Ultimately, it will be reviewed by a panel of CERN experts who will meet in May 2020.
China Scholarship Council Massey University Ph D Scholars Programme, StudyinNewZealand, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Eligibility Criteria These scholarships are designed for full-time Chinese PhD candidates to study at Massey University in New Zealand for up to four years. PhD candidates must meet the entry crit...
Sir Robert Jones Scholarship In Philosophy The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 14 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: BA majoring in Philosophy (Candidates must have completed Stage I Philosophy courses) Opening date: ...
Rn Or Lpn Part Time Juvenile Detention Center Evening Position (Job Id #125133), University of Illinois, United States, 24 days ago
Current Illinois licensure as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse is required. To Apply : Apply on-line at https://jobs.uic.edu/Rockford AND submit an Exam Request for Staff Nurse II ...
Pearl Duncan Teaching Scholarships, Pearl Duncan Teaching Scholarships, Australia, about 4 hours ago
If you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are studying or intend to study an undergraduate or postgraduate teacher qualification, our Pearl Duncan Teaching Scholarship might ...
Ph D Position Stabilization Of Crystal Hydrates For Thermal Energy Storage, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The Eindhoven University of Technology has a PhD position in Stabilization of Crystal Hydrates for Thermal Energy Storage. Department(s) Department of Applied Physics Reference number V34.4175 Job...
Ph D Fellow In Cricket Diseases, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in 2020 commencing 1 April 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. Proj...