at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences . Closing date: (15 April 2020) Prolonged application time - new closing date: 15 May 2020.
The Department of Computer and Systems Sciences (DSV) is one of the oldest IT departments in Sweden and one of the largest departments at Stockholm University with around 6 000 students. The discipline of computer and systems sciences bridges the gap between technology and the humanities, social sciences, and behavioral sciences. The use and design of IT is put in context in relation to people, organizations, and society. DSV offers a stimulating research environment in an international setting.
The learning analytics and AI for education group is looking for a PhD candidate that is interested in the application of AI in education. This is an open position which means that no specific research direction is predefined for the PhD project. We will consider candidates that are interested in various sub-fields of AI, including machine learning, natural language processing, speech recognition, and computer vision, to address novel research problems in education.
In order to meet the general entry requirements, the applicant must have completed a second-cycle degree in Computer and systems sciences, or equivalent, completed courses equivalent to at least 240 higher education credits, of which 60 credits must be in the second cycle, or have otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or elsewhere.
In order to meet the specific entry requirements, the applicant must have completed courses at second-cycle level in Computer and systems sciences with a minimum of 90 higher education credits, or equivalent, including a thesis with a minimum of 15 higher education credits. In addition, the applicant is required to have English language skills equivalent of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages Level B2.
The qualification requirements must be met by the deadline for applications.
The selection among the eligible candidates will be based on their capacity to benefit from the training. The following criteria will be used to assess this capacity:
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: data mining, machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, speech recognition, databases, statistical learning, learning analytics;
- Experience in the design, analysis, development, implementation, and evaluation of algorithms within the areas of data mining, natural language processing, speech recognition, databases, statistical learning, or computer vision.
- Excellent programming skills in at least one of the following programming languages or tools: C, C++, Python, Java, Perl, Matlab, R;
- Independence in the analysis and organization of the earlier work
- Problem formulation and rigor in previous work and in the research plan
- Previously shown ability to keep the specified time limits
- Methodological and scientific maturity
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Subject specific knowledge relevant to education
- It is an advantage but not necessary to understand Swedish language.
Admission Regulations for Doctoral Studies at Stockholm University are available at: www.su.se/rules and regulations .
Terms of employment
Only a person who will be or has already been admitted to a third-cycle programme may be appointed to a doctoral studentship.
The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year. The employment may be extended for a maximum of two years at a time. However, the total period of employment may not exceed the equivalent of four years of full-time study.
Doctoral students should primarily devote themselves to their own education, but may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
Please note that admission decisions cannot be appealed.
Stockholm University strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
For more information, please contact Associate Professor Jalal Nouri, firstname.lastname@example.org , or the Director of PhD studies, Sirkku Männikkö-Barbutiu, email@example.com .
Ingrid Lander (Saco-S), telephone: +46 708 16 26 64, firstname.lastname@example.org , Alejandra Pizarro Carrasco (Fackförbundet ST/Lärarförbundet), telephone: +46 8 16 34 89, email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org (SEKO), and PhD student representative, email@example.com .
Apply for the PhD student position at Stockholm University's recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Please include the following information with your application
- Your contact details and personal data
- Your highest degree
- Your language skills
- Contact details for 2–3 references
and, in addition, please include the following documents
- Cover letter
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Research proposal (no more than 3 pages) describing:
– why you are interested in the field/project described in the advertisement
– why and how you wish to complete the project
– what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Letters of recommendation (no more than 3 files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than 3 files).
The instructions for applicants are available at: Instructions – Applicants .
You are welcome to apply!
Stockholm University contributes to the development of sustainable democratic society through knowledge, enlightenment and the pursuit of truth.
Closing date: 15/05/2020
URL to this pagehttps://www.su.se/english/about/working-at-su/phd?rmpage=job&rmjob=11870&rmlang=UK
Ph D Studentship In Personalised Speech And Language Therapy For Children With Cerebral Palsy Using Acoustic And Phonological Analytics, Newcastle University, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
Value of award 100% of UK/EU tuition fees paid and annual living expenses at UK RI rate. Successful non-EU international students will be required to make up the difference between the UK/EU fees ...
Ph D Studentship Horizon Centre For Doctoral Training: Recognising Facial Movements For Wellbeing (Sponsored By Gsk Consumer Healthcare), University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
ReferenceSCI1951Closing DateTuesday, 30th June 2020DepartmentComputer Science The Horizon Centre for Doctoral training (CDT) is recruiting a PhD student to carry out research in partnership with G...
Ph D Student In Deep Learning Applied To Fake News Detection, Universidad de León, Spain, 29 days ago
Fake News detection could be regarded from different perspectives. Therefore, both Computer Vision and Natural Language experience could be used for solving different related problems. To apply fo...
Up To 5 Post Doctoral Positions In Computer Systems, Uppsala University, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Published: 2020-06-04 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to ...
5 Ph D Positions In Informatics , Umeå University, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
Umeå University is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work. We offer a wide variety of courses and programmes, world leading research, and excellent innovation and colla...
Doctoral Student In Social Robotics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...