About Malmö University
Malmö University is an innovative, urban and international institute of higher education, located in the centre of Malmö. We have around 1,800 employees and 24,000 students. Our research and education are characterised by the role we believe a university should play in an open society — to contribute to sustainability and equality in a scientifically grounded way with external partners and stakeholders. Identifying and addressing the challenges of the future are of highest priority. Our researchers and students work collaboratively to create, share and spread knowledge in order to understand, explain and develop society — both locally and globally.
The Faculty of Technology and Societyconducts education and research focusingon technology and natural sciences at two departments: Computer Science and Media Technologyand Materials Science and Applied Mathematics. The faculty collaborates with companies and other organisationsin order to raise the level of competence, create new products, develop activities and offerstudents an early connection to their future working life. Our research collaborationsand stafffrom many different countries give our activities an international profile.
The Department of Computer Science and Media Technologyoffers research-linked education at first-cycle, second-cycle anddoctorallevels. The department conducts research in computer science, information systems, software engineering and media technology. We are interested inresearch and education areas suchasartificial intelligence, digital media, e-health, internet of things and game development. Department of Computer Science and Media Technology
Those appointed to doctoral studentships shall primarily devote themselves to their studies. Those appointed to doctoral studentships may, however, work to a limited extent with educational tasks, research, artistic research and administration, however, duties of this kind may not comprise more than 20 per cent of a full-time post (Chapter 5, Section 2 of the Higher Education Ordinance).
With recent advances in sensing, electrification and vehicular communication technologies, autonomous transport and connected vehicles are becoming more and more practicable. The connection between electrification and autonomy is resulting in improvement in the travel distance, energy efficiency and potential innovation. By utilizing vehicular communication and Artificial Intelligence (AI), we can fulfill the Autonomous Transport Research goals in less traffic congestion, road safety, reduced energy consumption and carbon emissions , and increased transport system productivity.
In intelligent transportation, vehicles that are autonomous, connected, electrified, and equipped with data sharing system have an impact on the efficiency of the transport industry. Your work will be to:
- Conduct cutting-edge research in the rapidly expanding field of Intelligent Transportation Systems, with a special focus on autonomous transport and connected vehicles.
- Conduct review, survey and analyze relevant scientific and technical literature in the field.
- Based on current research and state-of-the-art technology, develop novel approaches to autonomous transport and connected vehicles. The research will include both modeling, simulation, and experiment/testbeds. Sensing, vehicular communication technologies, and Artificial Intelligence technique in autonomous transport and connected vehicles will also be studied in this context.
- Systematically develop and test solutions and methods in a research lab environment.
- Engage with national and international research collaborators, both from academia and companies as the project will be in collaboration with industry.
- Present research results in scientific publications, conferences, and specialized events.
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle courses and study programmes at a higher education may be appointed to doctoral studentships (Chapter 5, Section 3 of the Higher Education Ordinance). Preparation of admission to postgraduate education and employment as a doctoral student take place in parallel. Those who have basic requirements for admission will have:
- passed a degree at advanced level, or
- completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS, of which 60 ECTS at advanced level, or
- in some other way, in- or outside Sweden, have acquired equivalent knowledge (HEO Chapter 7 section 39)
Special eligibility is accorded to those who:
- have knowledge and skills equivalent to a second-cycle degree in computer science or in another subject that has relevance for computer science, or
- have acquired essentially equivalent knowledge in or outside Sweden
- are proficient in English to the extent required for conducting postgraduate studies in Computer Science
The following will benefit for the position:
- Experience with autonomous transport and connected vehicles.
- Experience with sensing and vehicular communication
- Experience with machine learning techniques
- Experience with mathematical modeling, simulation
- Methodological and scientific maturity
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Swedish
Specific requirements for this position:
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently
When selecting between applicants for vacant positions, the ability to complete postgraduate education is assessed (HEO Chapter 7 Section 5).
The following general criteria will be used.
- Subject competence
- Scientific quality in previous work
- Methodological and scientific maturity
- Communication and collaborative skills
Professor, Reza Malekian, 040-6657865, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of department, Bengt J Nilsson, 040-6657244, email@example.com
HR-specialist, Sara Eriksson, 040-665 76 59, firstname.lastname@example.org
In our recruitment work, Malmö University has taken a stand regarding recruitment channels and marketing. We therefore decline all offers of advertising and recruitment assistance in connection with this advertisement.
You may apply for this position via Malmö University's recruitment system by clicking on the "Apply" button. As an applicant, you are responsible for ensuring that your application is completed in accordance with the advertisement, and that it is provided to the University no later than 1 January 2022. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the University can read what is written in the application. If the application is not written in Swedish, English or any of the Nordic languages, the applicant is responsible for the application and its appendices being translated.
The application must include:
- Completed application form for admission to Research Education https://mau.app.box.com/s/xe74zorhnlfmst7ejy65440r77f0n2l6
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diplomas, transcript of records and other certificates relevant for the position
- A brief research plan presenting the focus of research and a thesis concept, and how this relates to the specific post (max 4 pages). The research plan must contain an overall purpose, questions that the project intends to answer, an account of the methodological approach, a description of material collection and type of research material and an account of the theoretical framework
- Independent work at advanced level (including master thesis or equivalent)
The post is full-time and for a limited period, in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance Chapter 5 Section 7
Malmö University is a workplace and higher education institution that is characterised by an open and inclusive approach, where gender equality and equal terms add value to our activities.
1 May 2022 or as soon as possible
Ph D Student Position In Mathematical Optimization And Artificial Intelligence, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
We are looking for a PhD candidate to the largest department of mathematical sciences in Sweden. The specialization will be towards optimization, and in particular optimal transport, with a possib...
Postdoctoral Position In Ai Accelerated Oligonucleotide Drug Design, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
This postdoctoral researcher position aims to improve the design of Oligonucleotide-based drugs using computational chemistry, biophysical simulation and AI methods. It is placed at the department...
Ph D Position Hydrogen Based Vessels Data Analysis And Analytics For Control And Condition Monitoring Of Primary Onboard Systems, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 1 day ago
The SH2IPDRIVE project develops zero emission power and propulsion solutions for ships based on hydrogen in a broad consortium across the Dutch maritime sector, from fleet owner to ship designer a...
Ph D Student Position In Mathematics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Information about the project and the department We are looking for one PhD student at the divison of Algebra and Geometry. The research project can be in any area represented at the division, inc...
Open Position For A Postdoctoral Researcher For The One Munich Strategy Forum Project Next Generation Human Centered Robotics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 5 hours ago
07.01.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications for the position of a po...
Phd Researcher On Responsive Information Exchanges For Infrastructures In Transitions, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 1 day ago
This project is funded by NWO (Principal Investigator: Dr. Daan Schraven), and is a collaboration between the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment (ABE), Faculty of Civil Engineering ...